Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plans are coming together for the OTD III event.

New website is coming along; Gary and I will be working on it this weekend. Watch for the announcement in the next 2-3 weeks if not sooner.

For the committed ones, you can make your reservations anytime at Fontana; the dates have already been secured.

Lots of time to master those RC's.

Dinner and other activities are still being planned.

·
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so Ive been here for a while and STILL dont understand what goes on at The Dragon. Can you fill us in?

It is an experience vs. an understanding.

Saran wrap, whiteboards, RC's, understeer, dodging motorcycles, shredded rubber, cops, nice scenery......

·
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and there are banjos, snoring heard through the walls, car alarms, wildlife, dragon drool, other strange things that happen during the night...kind of like summer camp with no counselors:D

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
and that's just at the lodge and cabins. For those brave enough to tent camp in the campground at Fontana, there's birthday singing at 1 am and other ..... adventures. Never did find the campground monstor.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
It is an experience vs. an understanding.

Saran wrap, whiteboards, RC's, understeer, dodging motorcycles, shredded rubber, cops, nice scenery......
...well..if you're going to tell...tell the whole story...

jetfuel...saw that once in a pay per view...

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
.NO...NO...NO...that's NOT it...
...I want to see the shredded rubber part...NOT the afterwards...but...how it got that way...
...maybe the newlyweds will chime in...

jetfuel...all thumbs...

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
So this Tail of the Dragon thing is just a bunch of old farts gathered around a campfire singing Koom-Baaaaa-Ya and then wraping each other up with Saran Wrap? :confused: Sounds a little freaky to me.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about Ma'am. :cool:

I may have been driving through the North Carolina/Tennessee area last September after I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
My bride & I are thinking about going to the event but we need some info, I've looked on the fontana website and it says it'll cost $407 for a 1 bedroom queen room for the both of us. Is there a group rate for this event (if so, what is it)? I didn't see the event listed on their event calendar so I assume nothing is set in stone yet. How long do we have to register if there is a group rate? In short, I need info.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
My bride & I are thinking about going to the event but we need some info, I've looked on the fontana website and it says it'll cost $407 for a 1 bedroom queen room for the both of us. Is there a group rate for this event (if so, what is it)? I didn't see the event listed on their event calendar so I assume nothing is set in stone yet. How long do we have to register if there is a group rate? In short, I need info.
Wholly mackerel! I think I paid $119-$129 for a two bedroom cabin. Both beds queen. Cabin was equipped with a living room with couch, TV, chair, coffee table, a kitchen with a full size fridge, STOVE, microwave, pots/pans/utensils etc./dish detergent and the list goes on. The cabin even had a bathroom - :D - inside. I didn't hear anyone snoring next door so that was a plus.

·
Banned
24 Posts
I'm thinking it's a glitch... our room was around $85 last year. Maybe Gary can chime in....

<--- telling Gary to get on his lapotp now.... since he's sitting next to me... :D

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I'm thinking it's a glitch... our room was around $85 last year. Maybe Gary can chime in....

<--- telling Gary to get on his lapotp now.... since he's sitting next to me... :D
Better next to you than on your lap Mr.Southshore. That would be odd. :eek: I say odd because your wife wouldn't like it! Geez, some people.

Looking forward to and hopefully going to OTDIII.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Wholly mackerel! I think I paid $119-$129 for a two bedroom cabin. Both beds queen. Cabin was equipped with a living room with couch, TV, chair, coffee table, a kitchen with a full size fridge, STOVE, microwave, pots/pans/utensils etc./dish detergent and the list goes on. The cabin even had a bathroom - :D - inside. I didn't hear anyone snoring next door so that was a plus.

The rates are the same as last year. Stay tuned - the event site will be open very soon (otd_header). Rates will be posted there. (and they run from $85 through $150)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts