Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks a little to Hurricane Irene, we found out we need some critical electrical repairs. It looks like $1,600 worth of non insurance covered repairs and with money being tight it looks like the Dragon is out for us next year. Maybe OTD V?

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,186 Posts
Best of luck with your repairs.
Maybe it will still work out for OTD IV. It's still a long way off!

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Hang in there, Arthur - maybe HGTV will show up at your front door, and your problems will be solved! (hey, we can hope, can't we?)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Its a little early to give up right now. Wait until about 2 weeks before the event before you make the decision. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If we do go we'll be camping, I got my hitch Friday. It's going to take more than the 90 minutes the directions say though. I got the holes drilled & it started to rain. I had to run out and get jackstands, my cheap ones had rusted. I bought a new scissor jack, my bottle jack wouldn't fit under the car. Maybe I should have found some garage to install it at this rate? Next expense is a utility trailer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck hope things will improve so that you can make it to the Dragon IV maybe we can come and join you around the campfire.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Did you get the hitch installed? We bought our trailer at Harbor Freight. Got it on sale for $325.00 a couple of years ago. They still run about the same. We got the motorcycle trailer.

I like your Dragon.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hitch installed yes, trailer bought, no. We've got time though. I really want to get one to put the kayaks on so we can paddle around again.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Are you sure it is not the glass rubbing against the rubber seals when you go over a bump. Mine does that and it sounds much like a rattle. That said, i still haven't found a good cure since Gummy Phlege(sp) went off the market.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you sure it is not the glass rubbing against the rubber seals when you go over a bump. Mine does that and it sounds much like a rattle. That said, i still haven't found a good cure since Gummy Phlege(sp) went off the market.
Sure this is in the right thread? Sounds like a door rattle reply.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Due to a gllitch with a previous employer and their 401k system it looks like we'll be getting a tax refund this year. (1st time since I retired from the Navy in '92). I'm looking at some goodies from Boeschbuilt, the trailer and we now have the money for OTD IV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts