Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Owie!!! I hope you make a speedy recovery jimvw! <3 I probably would’ve stayed on the ground and cried.

I think you're tougher than that. I broke my wrist in a motorcycle accident 30 years ago, got up, rode the bike to my dad's place, had a few beers, then rode 15 miles home, 3 days later I went to the hospital cuz the swelling of my wrist wouldn't go down, they said "it's broken". It didn't really hurt that much. A week after the cast came off I was doing 50 push-ups.

I can't picture you on the ground crying.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have done enough coughing to know that I don,t want to do that again.Last time I don't recall this much pain!

Now I get the added joy of dealing with the Insurance company as my work has decided to go with a provider and I get to do the job done by the HR department. HR now just directs you to a website....
I'll have you in my prayers Jim. I hope they find some pain meds that work for you! Do you have to deal with the insurance while you're ill? (Doesn't seem right...)

·
Banned
8 Posts
Coughing after open heart surgery was sharp and painful. Last week I carried 50 pounds of groceries from my car to my front door, my chest hurt for 2 days. It was about 0F outside and made one trip instead of 2 to avoid the cold, lesson learned, better to freeze for 2 minutes than feel pain for 2 days. It didn't kill me, maybe I need to work out :D

·
17,358 Posts
I think you're tougher than that. I broke my wrist in a motorcycle accident 30 years ago, got up, rode the bike to my dad's place, had a few beers, then rode 15 miles home, 3 days later I went to the hospital cuz the swelling of my wrist wouldn't go down, they said "it's broken". It didn't really hurt that much. A week after the cast came off I was doing 50 push-ups.

I can't picture you on the ground crying.
Fair enough, I would get into the car, say a couple foul words, then be sad that whatever dress I’d be wearing at the time is now dirty. :D

Edit: I had a feeling I knew who mrbadx19 was, looks like I was correct.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I had two broken ribs, IIRC in two places each, but no lung damage, and nothing to do except let them heal. On another occasion I had early pneumonia. I can only imagine what a combo of lung and rib can feel like. My right arm was pinned (pain reflex I guess) to my side with the broken ribs. I could barely walk 30 ft. with ONLY early pneumonia! That time I thought I was having a heart attack...

Didn't forget you when we prayed before sleep last night... (We usually pray before going to sleep...). (Geez, did I break the religious rule)!... Sorry about that if I did!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coughing after open heart surgery was sharp and painful. Last week I carried 50 pounds of groceries from my car to my front door, my chest hurt for 2 days. It was about 0F outside and made one trip instead of 2 to avoid the cold, lesson learned, better to freeze for 2 minutes than feel pain for 2 days. It didn't kill me, maybe I need to work out :D
Ouch. I don't want to imagine that kind of pain.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts