Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen notes on Redflagdeals (a Canadian deals forum) that the Smart ED is no longer available to order based on feedback from the head office in mid-town Toronto.

The details are that the next generation Smart Fortwo (gas) is coming in late 2015 to Canada, with the electric drive one year later (late 2016). :crying:

Hope it's not true, but if it is, then we went out on a high, as Smart Canada sold 133 ED's in August, which is the most pure electric cars sold in a single month ever in Canada! :D

Does anyone have information to the same effect in the US?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was just at 2 local smart dealers here in PA.

They have like 4 colors available to order (white, black, silver, dark silver I think and NO red). The dealer was complaining that red was one of his best sellers.

I think there was a note in the computer that a yellow would be available after January.

I visited two dealers, they each had two smart cars for sale, only one was electric.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
451 ED production is separate from 453 ICE production. There will be more EDs when the next boat arrives in Canada.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It can be hostile at RFD, I don't post much there it's just not worth my sanity. I much prefer dedicated forums like this where we can discuss the virtues of our cars properly without having to defend every attack.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks like my family leased 3 of the 133 cars sold in August. Cheers!

I'm actually surprised only 133 was sold, at my local dealer it was a frenzy, but if they had more I'm sure that number would be even higher.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Only one ED ever came into my local store (Columbus Ohio) to date. It was off the lot within 7 days. Last I checked it was a 3-4 month wait to order a new one so I really hope that capability wasn't taken away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked mine up in Burlington (Ontario) mid-august, they had two. Friend liked it so much he and his wife went the following weekend to test drive and the ED was gone. They ended up taking a gas model for a spin and was told that they are pretty much out of luck for an ED, at least locally.
Glad I got mine when I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts