Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, yesterday we reached an agreement to bring OTD back to Fontana Village for 2015. We will have a much better setup this coming year. Event dates will be August 20-23, 2015. Reservations are available now at Fontana and OTD registration will open sometime in early 2015. We looked around for quite a few weeks at other locations but at this time, Fontana is the only location that can support the size of our group with a central location for dinners and car shows.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this will give smartUSA enough time to coordinate the delivery of one of the first 2015 453's in the U.S. to some lucky buyer.
:bigthumbup: :spots: :burnout:

Just dreaming out-loud . . .
I asked Eric if we could get one this year (453). >:D Hopefully we can make it happen next year if sc Knox has one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Barbara Lannon Heran posted this on facebook yesterday if people on here have not seen it I wanted to share.

Tomorrow Rich Scruggs (BB Benz) is having bypass surgery. Please send good vibes and prayers his way. Thanks

·
Registered
11,472 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
So this will give smartUSA enough time to coordinate the delivery of one of the first 2015 453's in the U.S. to some lucky buyer.
:bigthumbup: :spots: :burnout:

Just dreaming out-loud . . .
2016 US production smarts not due until "late 2015" - too late for the Dragon, unless they have a show car available. :)

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
2016 US production smarts not due until "late 2015" - too late for the Dragon, unless they have a show car available. :)
Knew that BUT for some who understand Social Marketing 101, OTD could be a perfect YouTube event at which to feature the new 453 surrounded by smart enthusiasts and their 451's.

But for such a thing to happen, smartUSA would have to "want to" and sadly Mr. Schrembi has left the building . . . :shrug:

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
What area are we going to use for the dinners and gathering. If we use the Oak room that we used this year it would be best if they removed the huge card tables and had just the long tables so that everyone can sit in the same room for dinner. A couple of pop up canopies would be helpful as well.
Do they charge us (you) for the use of the Oak room?

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
Knew that BUT for some who understand Social Marketing 101, OTD could be a perfect YouTube event at which to feature the new 453 surrounded by smart enthusiasts and their 451's.

But for such a thing to happen, smartUSA would have to "want to" and sadly Mr. Schrembi has left the building . . . :shrug:
Not to beat a dead horse, but the US 453 won't be in production until after the Dragon; smart will have some sort of US prototypes on the show car circuit starting in January and might be able to get one for the Dragon - but it won't actually be an actual "new" 453. :)

·
OTD2 lifetime Member
291 Posts
What area are we going to use for the dinners and gathering. If we use the Oak room that we used this year it would be best if they removed the huge card tables and had just the long tables so that everyone can sit in the same room for dinner. A couple of pop up canopies would be helpful as well.
Do they charge us (you) for the use of the Oak room?
We will have 2 different rooms for the dinners but most of the events will be in the dance hall. The large building next to the grill. And yes we are charged for the pavillion, the oak suite, and the rooms we will be using next year. This is what part of the registration fee is for.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
We will have 2 different rooms for the dinners but most of the events will be in the dance hall. The large building next to the grill. And yes we are charged for the pavillion, the oak suite, and the rooms we will be using next year. This is what part of the registration fee is for.

I figured they would charge for the room usage and it is good for everyone to know what their registration fees are paying for as I think we are getting a great deal on registration.
Will we be parking on the lower lot across from the old pavilion since that is closest to the meeting rooms?

·
OTD2 lifetime Member
291 Posts
I figured they would charge for the room usage and it is good for everyone to know what their registration fees are paying for as I think we are getting a great deal on registration.
Will we be parking on the lower lot across from the old pavilion since that is closest to the meeting rooms?
There is parking at the dance hall. Basically where we normally line up for the group run is where you would park.

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
There is parking at the dance hall. Basically where we normally line up for the group run is where you would park.
That's good...plenty of room for all of the smarts to be together for meetings, dinners, and the car show. Hope we get more cars in the show next year.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Dance hall sounds ideal, I've already gotten my room reservation for me, my wife & my 2 granddaughters and I'm looking at a full day trip I found in a brochure last event. A lot depends on when (if) my wife has her hip operation.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Dance hall definitely sounds more suitable for our group! I was actually just thinking what a good deal we get for the registration cost.
$35 got a single person:
-2 meals
-Personalized cup
-Personalized lunch bag thing
-Custom OTD pens
-Use of the Oak Suite
-Door Prize
-Static Cling Window sticker
-Other operational expenses (printed booklets, etc).

Then I went to the website to see if I had forgotten anything else... Seems to be in French now? Did you guys decided to move the Dragon closer to Ottawa as per my suggestion? Quebec's a lot closer for me! :p

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Um... ok.... that's just weird.... and a bit creepy. We'll see about getting that fixed. :shrug: :confused:

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Dance hall definitely sounds more suitable for our group! I was actually just thinking what a good deal we get for the registration cost.
$35 got a single person:
-2 meals
-Personalized cup
-Personalized lunch bag thing
-Custom OTD pens
-Use of the Oak Suite
-Door Prize
-Static Cling Window sticker
-Other operational expenses (printed booklets, etc).

Then I went to the website to see if I had forgotten anything else... Seems to be in French now? Did you guys decided to move the Dragon closer to Ottawa as per my suggestion? Quebec's a lot closer for me! :p
Um... ok.... that's just weird.... and a bit creepy. We'll see about getting that fixed. :shrug: :confused:
It appears to have been "hacked", but still translates it back into English ???

1 - 20 of 188 Posts