Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone. Just wanted to confirm that OTD will be returning to Fontana August 18-21, 2016. Event registration will open up on April 1, 2016 but the reduced event rates for Fontana will be available later this week and are posted at www.outsmartingthedragon.com. Jennifer and I look forward to seeing everyone next year.

Moderators... Could you please create an OTD 2016 folder and move this thread to it? Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
1,184 Posts
Oops. I guess I missed that thread! :|

Glad you're up and running Art! Sorry about the $$$$.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Rover stalled at a stop light wouldn't start and showed the 3 bars of death 8:30 Wednesday night. I had to push him into a diner's parking lot. Disconnecting the battery didn't help and had to get a tow only 1.5 miles from the dealer, thanks to AAA that was free. At first the dealership thought it was the shift motor but it turned out to be the shift module. The tech also found a bad front right strut assembly, 3 compressed motor mounts and 2 worn rear tires. Lots of other small parts involved as well . Originally the total was $2474.58 but they took some offf or customer loyalty.

More bad news came in the form of my wife's hip replacement surgery scheduled for Feb 8. She went in for her final checkoff before the surgery and she's in affibrillation so she need's a cardiologist's approval before the surgery something we don't see happening any time soon. Last time this happened they had to stop and restart her heart to clear it. Her surgeon, we're retired military, is an Air Force doctor, is due to be transferred soon so we might need to find her a new surgeon as well. So, we might not make the 'Dragon for this reason as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in South Central KY and have run the Deal's Gap Dragon many times.....(some on motorcycles...but most of them in my 1959 Mini!)

I'm SO coming to this with my new-to-me 2008 Smart Pure....

..I may even bring the Mini!

·
Registered
173 Posts
looking at the picture, your smart seem to have a clear interior and rims (what is the exact color of the interior?). For starters, the Pure come with cloth seats and steel wheels.

BTW my smart has the same color combination.

·
Registered
12 Posts
looking at the picture, your smart seem to have a clear interior and rims (what is the exact color of the interior?). For starters, the Pure come with cloth seats and steel wheels.

BTW my smart has the same color combination.
Interior is black and tan.

What does the oval emblem affixed to the triangle in front of the L/R rear view mirror say?
Well...DUH!!!! Says Passion!

Truth be told....the car hasn't actually arrived here yet. I just bought it 2 days ago!

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Rover stalled at a stop light wouldn't start and showed the 3 bars of death 8:30 Wednesday night. I had to push him into a diner's parking lot. Disconnecting the battery didn't help and had to get a tow only 1.5 miles from the dealer, thanks to AAA that was free. At first the dealership thought it was the shift motor but it turned out to be the shift module. The tech also found a bad front right strut assembly, 3 compressed motor mounts and 2 worn rear tires. Lots of other small parts involved as well . Originally the total was $2474.58 but they took some offf or customer loyalty.

More bad news came in the form of my wife's hip replacement surgery scheduled for Feb 8. She went in for her final checkoff before the surgery and she's in affibrillation so she need's a cardiologist's approval before the surgery something we don't see happening any time soon. Last time this happened they had to stop and restart her heart to clear it. Her surgeon, we're retired military, is an Air Force doctor, is due to be transferred soon so we might need to find her a new surgeon as well. So, we might not make the 'Dragon for this reason as well.
Our best to your bride Art .......... (just saw this)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Let's see, Rover needs new right strut- replaced, Elaine needs new left hip-replaced. Rover needs new left strut -traded it in, Elaine needs a new right hip-??? Would have spent over $3000 on 8 year old car in 2 months, I don't think so.

New smart 2016 silver passion with $2k USAA discount and $1k customer loyalty discount now sits in the drive.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Elaine needs a new left hip-???

New smart 2016 silver passion with $2k USAA discount and $1k customer loyalty discount now sits in the drive.
Too cool!

Now Elaine will be riding in style when you drive her up to the medical center for that hip upgrade!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts