Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
I'm a transplant from the Old Country, home of the SMART, and very excited that the SMART finally made its way over here!
Turning 60 next April, I WILL have a (pre-owned) SMART by then!
It'll be - most likely - a METALLIC BLUE one with SILVER FRAME, it MUST have heated seats (living in Montana!), and the license plate will be SMILEMAKER, as I am a Dental Technician, specialized in making Dentures...

Even though I have seen a number(5?) of SMARTS here in Missoula, I know only one owner - will ask him to join as well -
its a Cabrio, now in GRIZZ colors- maroon and silver-, advertising his B&B
"GIBSON MANSION" - a beautiful place...

Leads to a used SMART are appreciated, SKIP white or black - sorry (those colors make me look OLD!!!)

"in waiting" - Sandy:wave:

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
..Sandy ..welcome to the asylum of smart fun and tech..
..60 eh?...got a boyfriend?
..dental tech to boot..well..you have come to the right place...lots and lots of smart owners here that can use your services...let me see ...bigpanda...godfather...kwagar..BarneyO...just to name few...you will be a real busy girl here...get your smart and turn it into a rolling denture lab....you'll make millions

jetfuel...bigOsmile

·
Registered
910 Posts
"smilemaker" ?

Awfully long for a license plate... here in FL they limit us to 6 or 7 characters depending on the type of plate you order (they have literally dozens of styles) - but you can add a hyphen or space to that number.
Maybe go with "SMLE MKR" or something similiar.
Good luck on your search for a used smart ... you might have to travel out of state to locate one.
Welcome to the forum - mind the hanging down bits and keep a sharp eye on JetFuel . . . :D

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled, You will find plenty of used smarts around the country, THe challenge will be finding one in your neck of the woods.

Hope you find one and join the conversation.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Welcome! :) Hope you find a smart soon!

And remember, if you find a really good deal on a white or black smart don't rule it out, just swap panels for a different color! Just make sure you like the tridion and interior color since you can't easily change those. I started white and am now red. I'll probably be yellow or green sometime down the road.

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Sandy!! welcome1.gif

Ther has never been the availability of smart cars at dealerships since the car's initial US release. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll fin one you can't live without!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all -
already enjoying the various hints and suggestions!

couple of add-ons:
SubSlr88-I kow the licens HAD been used before , have to see what letter combo is still availabl! ...and thanks for the warning!*LOL*
jetfuel- guess I should add a picture - I'm a "BOY" with a girlfriend!
forestacadamy - looking around! Out of the woods (Missoula!) I can still get a onewayticket toPhoenix, Vegas or L.A for 54 bucks!!!!
rfernatt - how much ARE panels?

again - thanks all - talk later
Sandy

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
...hey..for sure ..post a picture of the girlfriend...
...panel swapping happens here often...there's a thread for that...price range from 500 and up is you wnant to buy a set...

jetfuel...all BOY............................. shut up forest...:D

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
thank you all - already enjoying the various hints and suggestions!

rfernatt - how much ARE panels?
As jetfuel said, used panel sets probably start in the $500 range and go up depending on color and condition. You might be able to catch a deal on a new set as well. They were going for $700 delivered (non-metallics) for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts