Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know which is witch when it comes to replace the sensors. I can see two of them and I am sure I can get them off without a problem. However I cant seem to ID the UpStream and the DownStream. Does anyone know which is witch and what brand do I need to get to be safe? I have a 2008 pure..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Downstream is after the CAT. You should have a code that will indicate which sensor may be bad. Check the wiring and the connector before replacing the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Downstream is after the CAT. You should have a code that will indicate which sensor may be bad. Check the wiring and the connector before replacing the O2 sensor.

Thanks.. I took it in and the codes came up P0451. P0452. and P2422. He said if the Ox sensors were bad it would have given me a different reading. So Im glad I listened to him and will ignore my neighbors *expert* advise. I replaced the valve over a year ago and that seemed to help but Now I am starting to think it may be my gas cap. I stoped for gas ...filled up..and when I started out the light was off..It wasn't until I stoped again after 100 miles and turned off the engine ate my food and when I started up again it came on. been on ever since...Thanks again for your info...your guys are da best...

Go SeaHawks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts