Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Smart Fortwo Pure - My check engine light recently came on reading P0410.
I did some research online and found a few post on here stating to basically just replace the valve and they code will go away.
I replaced the part, and even though I'm not able to clear the code.. it's been a couple days of driving around, and the code still has not went off.

The car also has a sometimes rough idle when sitting at a stop light, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it, i'm not sure.

I know this was really common in the smarts when they first came to the US in 2008, but with a 2013 model I'd assume this common issue was fixed from the manufacture side of things.

We don't have a smart center anymore, and the closest mercedes dealer is about 90 miles from me.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I've tried lurking around to see anything unplugged but I do not.

The car has 31K miles.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Reset the code and see if the problem goes away. I doubt it will clear on its own. Once they set a "hard" code, they don't go away.

I know on my Dad's smart, it would set a code for cylinder #3 misfire. We figured out it was due to burnt exhaust valves, but if he shut it off, then reset the code, it would run fine for a bit until it set the code again. Once the code set, it ran like crap until he reset it. Our thinking was, once it set the code, it dropped the cylinder until the code was reset. Maybe your situation is the same?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Quick Google search for P0410 says secondary air pump. Do you hear a noise of the pump working during cold start in very cold weather?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick Google search for P0410 says secondary air pump. Do you hear a noise of the pump working during cold start in very cold weather?

I don't really hear any obvious noises. I have a solo performance exhaust so it kind of over takes any subtle sounds that may happen upon start up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the 50 amp fuse that is located in the battery compartment under the passenger foot compartment.
I checked it and it looked fine. I couldn't find out a different way to reset the check engine light so while I was down there I just disconnected/reconnected the battery.
I'm gonna daily drive it for the next week or two, maybe 200-500 miles and we'll see if it comes back on.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts