Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Smart Fortwo Pure
31500 Miles

About a month ago I was driving and boom, check engine light comes on - P0410.

I did some research, and found that if I replaced the secondary air valve, the code would go away.
I replaced the valve, reset the check engine light and after about 120 miles, the thing came back on.

So I thought okay, its not the valve, it must be the pump. I ordered a new secondary air pump, changed it,
reset light, and yep you guessed it, the light came back on.

I went ahead and changed the fuse, and reset the light - light came back on after about 70 miles.

I've changed the valve, the pump, and the fuse in F36. No luck. I checked the vacuum lines and they all look perfect.
I even disconnected them on both ends and blew through them to make sure they werent clogged.

Pump doesnt run on start up. I don't hear anything.

I even went ahead and went to a euro shop to get the check engine light cleared with the proper mercedes equipment thinking my machine wasnt working properly.

I would ignore the light, but I need to get it smogged before March 1st.

any ideas? i'm going crazy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: I turned the car on this morning and I swear I heard the pump go off after about 15 seconds. It's hard to hear because of the aftermarket exhaust I have is so damn loud, especially on cold start. I drove about 120 miles so far and no check engine light yet.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
....the nature of the beast...
...I don't have a pump or valve in my car and I haven't got the code in 11 years...

Jetfuel....code red

1 - 3 of 3 Posts