Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the P0301 in other threads but mine seems a little different. 2010 Cabriolet with 28,000 miles on it.

2 weeks ago I got a code on my scan gauge of P0497 which is the purge valve. It was only that one time.

This morning I left the house and drove maybe a mile and it started shaking a little like an engine misfire. It stayed that way the rest of the trip to work (9miles). I did notice that it seemed fine at high RPMs. Also the Check Engine light was on and the scan gauge showed P0301.

Temperature was not very cold (40s) (Atlanta Ga).

Could the first code have caused the misfiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well on my way home tonight I did not have cylinder 1 misfiring constantly. It seemed to be fairly normal. Not sure what is happening. Will see if the temps in the morning cause it to happen again. Its supposed to be 46f.

Yes I know, You northerners are saying that is not very cold. I agree with you (10+ years in Buffalo NY) :)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
My 210,000 mile Pure went through the misfire code. Many have suggested I burned a valve, but I'm not going to believe it until I personally dig into it. I've been way too busy the past year to get the job done, but I will.

I will not be surprised if I get the OEM engine back up and running strongly.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi richf6:

Ask for goodwill gesture for the diagnosis. It goes a long way. You did your research.

Most of the time, it is something very simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts