Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone,
I have a 2009 fortwo in red with color code ECF (red). I have also updated the lower rear bumper and side skirts to the ‘13- style with color code CC0L (red). There is a slight different in shade especially since one has 10 years of sun fade and the other is brand new. You could honestly walk by it all day long and not notice the difference.

My question is, I would like to paint the gas door lid red and on the cheep. Does anyone know what rattle can paint is spot on or really close to the ECF or CC0L red color codes?

My second question is, I’m having a different time trying to find the part number to the rear lower bumper caps that would cover the screw holes? My local merc dealer is of no help in this situation ether

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
I don’t believe, there was ever plug caps made for those.

Any automotive paint store, can use the paint code on your car.
CC0L, ECFRally Red
Mix up a rattle can of matching paint. Many moons ago, individuals would sand down the plastic grain on the cover smooth. Prime the cover, and paint with the matching color. Smart madness use to sell separate matched color ones. The cover, just slips off.

madness, sells lid stickon overlays too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t believe, there was ever plug caps made for those.

Any automotive paint store, can use the paint code on your car.
CC0L, ECFRally Red
Mix up a rattle can of matching paint. Many moons ago, individuals would sand down the plastic grain on the cover smooth. Prime the cover, and paint with the matching color. Smart madness use to sell separate matched color ones. The cover, just slips off.

Ah yes, mixing up a rattle paint match would be great!
As for the bumper screw caps here’s a picture with what appears to have lower bumper caps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the bumper screw caps here’s a picture with what appears to have lower bumper caps.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Post your VIN and someone will look up the part numbers for those caps if they exist.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 20,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,500 miles

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
View attachment 62859
I see the upper bumper caps. It’s just a shadow, on the lower spoiler panel.

check with these guys, if they offer anything.
id don’t see them listed......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts