Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of the extreme heat in the car, I am going to paint the roof.

Does anyone know where I can find my paint code on the car?

Also a good place to purchase some color matched paint?
(with flexible additive)

I am going to paint it the same as the body panels, but
adding some Insuladd ceramic microspheres to help reflect the heat.

Insuladd.com :: 1 Gallon Kit of Insuladd by Eden Pure

Probably using a roller rather than spray.

Matthew

·
Super Moderator
29,351 Posts
MFG Exterior Code Formula Vehicle Part Color Name Year(s)
Smart C50L 71011 Exterior River Silver Met 01 - 09
Smart CA3L 80983 Exterior Metallic Red 08 - 09
Smart CA6L 82527 Exterior Lt Yellow 08 - 09
Smart CA7L 82528 Exterior Deep Black 08 - 09
Smart CA8L 82529 Exterior Crystal White 08 - 09
Smart CA9L 82530 Exterior Metallic Blue 08 - 09

Nothing updated past these. :)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Our Carrabbas has all kinds of vegetation on its roof to make it look pretty. Just sayin.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I should have shot my roof yesterday. I painted my mirror caps and mixed too much paint. Now I have a green surfboard and some green iron lawn furniture too trying to waste the paint.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
THAT is an AWESOME camouflage smart. I should get ahold of some that turf and do that to mine for hunting season.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't understand all the effort, just to block the UV. Go to Walmart, spend $7 on a large windshield sunshade, cut to fit the roof opening, insert, close shade and drive away cool. Nice part about this mod is, it comes right out for the cooler seasons. If you get the big screen, you'll even have a spare left after cutting to fit. Dave

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
I don't understand all the effort, just to block the UV. Go to Walmart, spend $7 on a large windshield sunshade, cut to fit the roof opening, insert, close shade and drive away cool. Nice part about this mod is, it comes right out for the cooler seasons. If you get the big screen, you'll even have a spare left after cutting to fit. Dave
Once your roof has crazed, things will suddenly become clearer and you will fully understand all the effort.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts