Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that one of the plastic clips which holds the rear passenger side interior trim panel had broken. The broken portion is the white "female" part that attaches to the plastic trim panel, not the yellow "male" part that attaches to the metal frame. I'm wondering if anyone has a part number for these. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I don't believe you can get them any more. I think I have a spare white disk around here somewhere. I'll PM you when I find it and we can exchange info if you'd like it mailed out.

I have one "mutant" panel clip because the clip that was there got damaged when the sound/vibration dampening went in. I'd love to replace with an original.

Smart is molding the clips into the panels now so they aren't offering the individual clips to support their early base of customers. The dweebs!

You want these panel clips, right?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, those are exactly the ones! If you do happen to have a spare one, that would be great. I supposed there are pros and cons to moulding the clips into the panels, but it sure will make for an expensive repair if they break. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts