Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped just the front clip, fenders and door panels to another color. I've got a rally red passion and want to change the front end and doors to silver like the tridon color

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think there's at least one person here with a two-tone setup, but I don't remember who and I haven't seen him around in a while anyway...

·
Registered
787 Posts
My first thought when I first read the thread's title was "who would rip panels horizontally across the middle?"

Partial, well... means partial. What Kermit did is called "mix and match" - at least to me. The color choices...are another subject. Who would mix and match green and....BBQ wings with Jägermeister?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
My first thought when I first read the thread's title was "who would rip panels horizontally across the middle?"

Partial, well... means partial. What Kermit did is called "mix and match" - at least to me. The color choices...are another subject. Who would mix and match green and....BBQ wings with Jägermeister?
It was X-Mas when I did it :whistle:, I had one red car and one green. I partially :rolleyes: removed the body from both then placed them on the other car. Partial and mix & match are both correct according to their definitions.

Please share your mix and match or partial body swap pics. Maybe you have a better color selection. I worked with what I had.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Loving the two-tone combos shown above with white and black! The black Tridion makes the perfect cutoff line for the two colors. It's got me thinking about doing a black panel swap on the rear of my car. The two different finishes (matte vs. glossy) might enhance the color difference. Hmm...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts