Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! I was wondering if anybody in this forum would have information on the best places to part out a 2016 Smart ForTwo? I was recently in an accident and my baby got totalled, but we’re looking to part it out to recoup more money from it. I wasn’t sure if Craigslist would be a good spot, or if I should part it out elsewhere that would be more Smart oriented. For the most part, the car is okay and all accessories within the vehicle are still in perfect condition. It was hit on the front passenger corner, so everything inside is untouched. The seats are both perfect, radio, instrument cluster, speakers, doors, rear wheels, tachometer/clock thing, (1) side mirror, windshield wipers, both rear lights, (1) headlight cluster, and the entire motor is unscathed. The hatch window and door is untouched as well. Also, not sure if it matters but my vehicle was a manual transmission. I’ve attached (2) photos of the damage to illustrate how everything is still pretty much okay. If anyone has more information on where would be the best place to part it out, please contact me! Or if you’re looking for something off of my car, don’t hesitate to ask! Like I’ve said, most everything is in perfect like-new condition except for some exterior pieces and the fluid reservoirs up front.
And yes, for anyone wondering, I will be getting a new 2016 Smart here soon, so all is well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*NOTE* I don’t know how to upload photos I guess. And I don’t get how imgur works either. So if someone would like to help I’d be happy to upload the photos!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
All at The Same Time Itemized by each Item, so they can be Searched as a single Item...
1) ALL Smart Car Forums
2) Craigslist
3) E BAY

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
It will be a huge PIA to list every single part that is good, since it sounds like the car is in reasonably decent shape. I suggest starting by saying that the entire car is for sale at $XXX and then add that you would be willing to part out if there is interest in a particular item(s). As individual parts are sold, adjust your price as necessary and say something like complete except for these parts.....

Len
2014 EV Coupe 15,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 6,000 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts