Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 453 in MB London Ontario to check on why it was running bad and sounded like it was only running on 2 cylinders. Turns out I have a bad crankshaft sensor. they ordered the sensor but will be 8 to10 working Days. Wow I guess they don't stock many parts for the 453 model here in Ontario. Wondering if it is the same in the USA. I am not given a spare car neither :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
That's been my experience for years in the US. They only seem to stock common failure parts and common accessories, everything else has to be ordered.

Reactions: MB DNA

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many miles in your car ?
next time you will have to order from Latvia or Germany many on ebay.
My car has 43200kms or about 25000 miles. This is under warranty but was not aware that replacement parts would take so long to come in to the MB dealer. I would have thought that they would have a supply close by?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Considering Smart as a whole is basically done in the US and Canada, it's even LESS surprising that a dealership wouldn't have any kind of parts supply relatively close by.

But damn.... that's not a lot of miles for the crank sensor to fail. I've got nearly 74,000 miles on my 2016, and have yet to have any major issues... *knocks on closest wooden thing*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts