Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through all of the posts and have not run across anything pertaining to this problem. Once I get home, turn the ignition off and go inside, the passenger door and hatch automatically lock. This is a nusiance if I have to come back to the car to retrieve something. I have to walk around the car to the driver door, open the door and reach into the central lock button, and then go to the pasenger side or hatch to open it. Now this is not real difficult only unecessary and inconvenient. Does anyone know how to disable this feature? I have looked in the owners manual under the lock system, but have yet to find anything. Thanks in avance for any assistance.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
When you drive the car everything locks. When you shut the car off and open the driver's door, the driver door becomes unlocked but everything else stays in the locked position. The fix is when you shut off the car and remove the key, click the unlock button to the right of the hazard warning light button. That unlocks everything.

I push that button as soon as I get into the garage at home so the vehicle is totally unlocked in the garage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mfoster. I try to remember to do that most of the time. I am looking for a fool proof fix (I am typically preoccupied on the phone at this point). Unfortunately I spend a lot of business time on the phone and need it to be automatic. Maybe its best to disable the whole auto lock system, but I kind of like the lock upon takeoff.......

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I have searched through all of the posts and have not run across anything pertaining to this problem. Once I get home, turn the ignition off and go inside, the passenger door and hatch automatically lock. This is a nusiance if I have to come back to the car to retrieve something. I have to walk around the car to the driver door, open the door and reach into the central lock button, and then go to the pasenger side or hatch to open it. Now this is not real difficult only unecessary and inconvenient. Does anyone know how to disable this feature? I have looked in the owners manual under the lock system, but have yet to find anything. Thanks in avance for any assistance.
Actually, all the doors lock while driving the car as a safety measure. If you want to unlock the doors, unlock them before exiting the car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks mfoster. I try to remember to do that most of the time. I am looking for a fool proof fix (I am typically preoccupied on the phone at this point). Unfortunately I spend a lot of business time on the phone and need it to be automatic. Maybe its best to disable the whole auto lock system, but I kind of like the lock upon takeoff.......

My Dad always told me:
"You can't always have what you want..." "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." :bangwall:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts