Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right section.

I have a 2013 convert. I just got it last Thursday and just noticed today that the passenger seat goes back about 3 more inches that the driver.

Is this normal? If so why. I'm over six foot tall and could really use that room on the divers side.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
You can modify the seat recline (at least on the 2009) to recline a bit more and give you a touch more room, I believe the seat can be modified (rails) so it will slide back farther. never tried it myself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
800 Posts
mine links to a post....
"I found the 4 stops near the back of the rail,they look like little dimples made with a punch,I know that sounds weird but that is how they appear to have been made,also look on the inside of the rails and you can see where 4 more protrude to the inside,I drilled out the 4 from the outside then took a dremel with a 1" cutting wheel and ground off the 4 on the inside got about an extra 1" of seat movement to the back."

·
Super Moderator
11,218 Posts
First time I have heard of this happening. The post I linked to was from teddyray back in 2009. maybe you have some sort of malware in your computer?? I have had issues with pop-ups and use a pop-up blocker that seems to help alot (adblock plus)

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I think it's the auto guide app I'm using that's causing it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Try again from a computer using the full SCoA website. AG FREE pushes LOTS of advertisements.

Personally, I have thought about paying for the mobile version but it crashes so darn often that I'll probably stick with FREE and accept that I got what I paid for . . . :shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts