Smart Car of America Forum banner

Passenger side mirror replacement .

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  beakyboy 
#1 ·
side mirror broke off from the car wash and they refuse to pay for it. The glass and housing is intact but the connection for the car to mirror the plastic is broken. Mercedes has the mirror housing for 275 trying to look for a 3rd party site with no luck. ebay has Smart Car Fortwo Passion Pure 2008-2016 OEM Right Side Mirror *Manual 4518102616.

my question: is the side mirror standard on all smart models?

#5 ·
Small Claims court is one option. Or you can replace it yourself for probably the cost of the court filing fee:

Exterior Trim - Autobahn Used SMART 451 Parts

The carwashes I have been to have disclaimer postings stating that they are not liable for damage to 'protruding' car parts. You would need to show that they were negligent or willful in the damage.

BTW: the mirrors in the above link have silver colored caps, you can replace that with the [yellow] cap in your picture.

When my smart car mirror was torn off by someone backing up - the body shop that did the repair used the original cap from the old mirror on the new mirror - they said the replacement mirror did not come with a cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.