Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem?

When I have the windshield wipers on high, the passenger side wiper hits the windshield frame.

I really never use the wipers on high, but it's inevitable at times when I'm using the rain sensor.

The wipers look fine when at rest, so I don't want to adjust the wiper a bit.

Any thoughts?

I feel that prolonged hitting will probably mark up the windshield moulding or the wiper/arm.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Someone did post about such an issue a couple of months ago. The bottom line is that it is under warranty: just tell your Dealer.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I had this happen on the drivers side a few times once, it hasn't happened again...but if it does I'll get out of the car and observe it...I have tried to replicate it at home with a hose on shower and nothing hit...I think it has something to do with the wind assisting the collision of the blade/frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine did this as well. Just took it in to the shop and they adjusted it. They were nice enough to wash the car as well, and plug a tire that had a nail in it at the same time. No charge.

But i live only a few miles from the dealer. You might be able to get them to tell you how to adjust it if you live far away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks.

I need to take it to the dealer anyway because my roller shade needs to be replaced, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem.. I am taking the car to the dealer. I will post the outcome .

I took my car to the Smart Center Dealer in Tampa. The wiper was adjusted and problem solved....

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Mine did it this morning - heavy rain and 70mph. Slowed down and it stopped. Maybe its a safety feature yet to be advertised.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts