Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That all sounds great. We'll see in a matter of several weeks now, eh?

free 'good customer' gifts would be welcomed. service manual, oil filter, air filter, floor mats, approved convertible top cleaner/brush, approved fabric protector/cleaner, $55 gas card, second grill lip in the opposite color of vehicles grill lip, chrome mirror covers, dual exhaust tip, etc.
I won't expect any of the above and be surprised and happy to receive even one item. :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
I asked what configuration/car you actually ordered? Your previous post stated you had placed your final configuration and I was curious as to what you chose as a result of your many polls. I'm not sure if I understand your answer.

'08 captains roadster
:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
309 Posts
per confirmation email.

"As vehicles become available, an authorized smart USA dealer will receive your vehicle preference information and will contact you to work out the details of your purchase agreement and arrange for delivery."

to make batches, ship to whoever, call reservationists for inventory interest?
not build/ship per customer order?
discouraging.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, Mr. Cash. He is stating the final step. That is to close YOUR deal. Probably ask for additional deposit (possibly non-refundable)and work out your method of payment. ie: Cash, financing, trade-in, etc. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
99 bucks?

And speaking of cash, what happens to the $99 at closing? Is it applied to the cost of the car or is it just gone? Just curious, as it won't be a show stopper either way.

tm

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The $99 goes to your car. :)

"There is a $99 reservation fee that will be applied to your purchase of a smart fortwo. This fee is refundable at any time."

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mr Cash, don't be discouraged.

Listen to Penske's presentation at the smart launch last week:

"We're going to build your car the way you want it, to order."

This was a freely made statement in front of the assembled US press, so his credibility is on the line.
Great! I'll tell him that I want my Cabrio to be a manual - not automatic transmission. Just like Burger King. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd like it my way

Hi, as long as they are being built to order, may I have the diesel engine with full manual transmission please. Willing to pay extra. Mud flaps would be nice too. What's the deal with the chickens ?, I only have ducks, not in a very good line, 2 of them don't drive too good, they used to have SUV's

21 - 35 of 35 Posts