Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Pcola Beach...maybe someone will see this and help me out. I just recently place my reservation this month, November 07, and my res. number ends in 1412. Does anyone know how this might all work. Im so excited at the prospect of owning a 4/2 I cant stand it :D
Any other panhandle floridians out there?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Looks like you're at the end of the line but welcome nevertheless. You'll find a wealth of info hear. Seek and ye shall find. :)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Welcome, Pensacola4/2!

Greetings from Pcola Beach...maybe someone will see this and help me out. I just recently place my reservation this month, November 07, and my res. number ends in 1412. Does anyone know how this might all work. Im so excited at the prospect of owning a 4/2 I cant stand it :D
Any other panhandle floridians out there?
You will definitely have to learn how to stem your excitement and enthusiasm with a reservation number like that. :(

Many of us on here have been waiting for the introduction of the Smart before they even announced that they were bringing them to the US....like me :)
So hang in here and you will learn and know alot more about your car before you even get it.
Pensacola is a wonderful area. Vacationed at Perdido Key and Gulf Shores several times in the 80's and had two service hitches at EAFB separated by duty in South East Asia in 67-68. Lived in Destin both times.....one hell of a place back in the 60's! :D

Anyway....welcome to you!

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys..I appreciate the feedback...guess I'll just poke around a bit and see what I can find...by the way, Pensacola Beach is still an awsome place..why do I need to curb my enthusiasm...do you really think that they would do things so that there was not enough to go around? Good marketing tactics, bad business practice I think...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
They are going to pump them out as fast as they can. You may want to measure your enthusiasm to last you through most of 2008.

Marketing is rather subdued, no paid print/TV advertising... mostly PR, word of mouth and internet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
:spotsPensacola 4/2 Welcome....We are in Tallahassee and our number is 1210 and we think we should be hearing within the next week or so. It will be fun to get together with new owners....when it happens and share information. We are really looking forward to it. We both drove one in Atlanta during the tour and was convinced right off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are going to pump them out as fast as they can. You may want to measure your enthusiasm to last you through most of 2008.

Marketing is rather subdued, no paid print/TV advertising... mostly PR, word of mouth and internet.
Thanks spdickey...2009-2010 is a long way off, and Im just trying to be optimistic:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:spotsPensacola 4/2 Welcome....We are in Tallahassee and our number is 1210 and we think we should be hearing within the next week or so. It will be fun to get together with new owners....when it happens and share information. We are really looking forward to it. We both drove one in Atlanta during the tour and was convinced right off.
Hey guys...good to hear from fellow Floridians...starting to feel outnumbered, there are so many enthusiasts here from so many places...let me know how things go for you...When your ready, come see me and Ill get you a free room here at the Hampton Inn on beautiful Pensacola Beach, (Just dont forget the smart!!:D) my name is Chris by the way:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey amoore007...that would be cool...wish i could have my smart by then...but spring bring time would be a very difficult time to get you a free room...i could probably get you a really good rate though...let me know...which 4/2 did you reserve and which options?
Chris
P.S. Just so everyone knows, the room deal is a one time, first come first serve deal...As much as i would love to, my GM would kill me for giving a room away to every smart enthusiast in FL...hehe..

·
Registered
179 Posts
NOP Chris, Meet for lunch at Orange Beach and cruise the coast. I've been married 25 years, all I can do is look anyway.

My Smart will be conservative ...........White/Silver Passion. It is an extra auto for the family. My son drives a Mini S and we will need to share the garage spot. Photos to follow.lol......
I did want to try the upgrade stereo system. My first car was a 1964 Corvair Monza and always had the am radio loud to cover that rear engine noise. I'll PM to keep you posted on progress.............

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good....my reservation is for a metallic red and black passion with red interior...will be adding the upgrade stereo and some extra other goodies later...right now I have a 2002 V-Dub GTI...Love the car, but I love the Smart even more...Is that crazy since I havent even seen one these in person yet....

·
aka '24-42'
930 Posts
Welcome;
I realize how hard it will be to wait. I think "Johnnysan" means, blend patience with your enthusiasm.

Learning about the "Smart" car is a little like learning all about Christmas and then not having any idea of when it will come to your house.

If you want it real bad, are flexible on color & options and can pay cash, I recommend look up your nearest dealer or two. Let them know what your priorities are (color,options, etc). Have them know you will pick up a car within an hour or two (you know what I mean). Make friends with the "Sales Manager" and convince him of your sincerity.
IT WORKS !

Having my Smart (450) for a while and speaking for myself, it's worth the wait.

Donald LaFavor

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want it real bad, are flexible on color & options and can pay cash, I recommend look up your nearest dealer or two. Let them know what your priorities are (color,options, etc). Have them know you will pick up a car within an hour or two (you know what I mean). Make friends with the "Sales Manager" and convince him of your sincerity.
IT WORKS !
Good idea -- have there been many new cars where even people on the waiting list might be out of luck for the first year? I really can't imagine waiting a few months let alone into 2009!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any other Florida folks out there? I'm in Vero Beach. By the way, the number on your reservation form has nothing to do with when you will be contacted. I was told by smart that those numbers are random. What counts is the date you placed your reservation. I sent in my $99 April 7, and just got notice to finalize my order Nov. 15. So, I'm getting closer!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The number on your reservation has everything to do with the timing of your contact. Your reservation number is the exact time of day and what day you put your $99 down. People are being contacted in order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im guessin' 2009 wouldnt be so bad (although 2008 would be much better)...thats just another year to pay on the car that I plan on trading in, and will put me in a better position for the financing that i will need...in the meantime, it just gives me something to look forward to...the only thing about trying to be friendly with salesman at a dealership is that it would be kinda hard considering the closest dealership in florida, I feel, will be 5+ hours away...we'll see...hey CAPT JACK, Pensacola FL here...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi all! Right now I'm in Baltimore, Maryland for my sons' reenlistment in the Navy. Nice that the weather here, isn't cold...should be back by the weekend. Hope to "hear" about our confirmation next week or the week after at the lastest. You all have a great Thanksgiving!!!;);)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts