Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
That Michalak car IS a smart. City coupe to be exact...
So smart made this car that looks like Mr. Burns bought it brand new in the 20's? It's a neat style, but ultra retro. Where is smart anywhere on this thing?

Clicked the link. So its a kit car. Meh. I would like to test drive it but I don't like this kit. Maybe some people here in the states can turn this into a roadster or Crossblade...

:wow:

·
17,379 Posts
So smart made this car that looks like Mr. Burns bought it brand new in the 20's? It's a neat style, but ultra retro. Where is smart anywhere on this thing?

Clicked the link. So its a kit car. Meh. I would like to test drive it but I don't like this kit. Maybe some people here in the states can turn this into a roadster or Crossblade...

:wow:
smart didn't make it, Michalak just took new city coupes and fortwos, disassembled them, and attached the sourced parts onto the custom built chassis.

The seats, speedo, central locking, engine, steering wheel, tranny, shifter, etc. have all been sourced from city coupes and fortwos.

The one in the picture above is a prototype. The prototypes only had smart engines/trannys and thats it.

This is a production version below

Take note of the fortwo gauges, wipers, engine, shifter, steering wheel, central locking buttons, seats, etc.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more like the Smart roadster

Looks like they forgot to take it out of the box. Too squared off in my opinion.
I wasn't thinking that it would look like the C7 but have some similar to the original roadster but using the idea of using the Smart as a platform for a roadster body (perhaps stretching it to make it longer). :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
C7

Only a handful were ever made and for a good reason - they were awful.

SmartsRus of Nottingham had one, saw theirs regularly and even begged a lift in it to collect my roadie ..... tpp basic and horribly overpriced IMO

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking 'design by Michalak and engineering by Smart' combo design. Smart has done quite well with the Fortwo. Perhaps they could make a roadster without their help but it would be interesting to see what they could come up with. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts