Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,565 Posts
Depending upon budget, you can make it as pretty and unique and you want. Making it fast, well it can be done, but plan on lots of mods and loads of cash. Also, welcome to a great smart forum with plenty of good information.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
It just sucks that we can't seem to rely on SmartMadness anymore. They had prototypes for an intake tube replacement, but have apparently decided to ditch the whole idea due to supposed lack of demand, and the fact that Smart won't be selling the ICE 453's in the US soon. Really annoying, cause i think an intake mod of some sort would make it sound quite nice with that little turbo.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just bought a new 453 today.

Looking for ideas to make it fast, fun and pretty. :)
Tough to say without seeing what you are starting with....

Typically wheels can make a big difference in appearance but that depends on what you are starting with...

Fast? I noticed when I first got my smart I was not a big fan of how it shifted which made it feel slow. But as I drove it a while the transmission seemed to 'learn' my driving style and eventually either I got used to this or we came to a mutual agreement and things became a lot better. But in terms of performance typical mods are exhaust and intake, as much as the Brabus exhaust does not on paper make a difference in HP I kind of like the sound and appearance.There are aftermarket solutions for your 453. Performance Exhausts Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories They have solutions for intake as well, though my take on that part might be to go with a K&N first though some folks like them and others do not. I've run K&N's on all our vehicles going back to my 86's. Performance boost wise? Honestly I suspect 80% psychological and 20% real world.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just bought a new 453 today.

Looking for ideas to make it fast, fun and pretty.
Which version did you get ? Upgrading wheels n such always adds some personal flair .. good luck your quest . Keep us posted with some pictures .

·
Registered
656 Posts
I put on a Lorinser power pack and the pep kicked up a huge notch . I amazed what can happen with a tune ... next is a high flow filter for the breathing . That should give her just a little bit more .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts