Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for reassurance, as I'm repairing my 2008 Smart, (crankshaft sensor replacement and more) I discovered a intermittent coil on one of my cylinders. Decided to install new plugs with the new coil replacement. The performance NGK have a longer threaded reach than the stock size Bosch plugs I installed years ago. So, my question is..... Are performance plugs a tad longer than standard Spark Plugs?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
As far as I'm aware you should stick to the same length. I do not think those are correct replacements if they are different as shown...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shorter plug was the standard size back when they were first sold.... the high performance plugs are longer from my quick research in the last hour... Even the evilution page shows the longer threads...

·
Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look on either the NGK Canada web site or Rock Auto for plug info...

I had the correct info from several sites, but since the plugs I pulled were shorter, it had me second guessing myself on these replacements. Thanks,

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I went to the Bosch Auto Parts site, looked the model up, and they have a picture of a longer plug, surprisingly. But I have seen such long plugs around this board in the past....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts