Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Have strange idea for a Smart. Live in a paved road, 35mph, gated community in NC that allows gas & electric golf carts/ATVs/etc, on community roads, and is about 5 miles to nearest village on 55 mph country roads. Thinking of creating a golf cart like open runabout (golf cart on steroids?) for community errands/cruising that we could also use to run into the village occasionally. Would remove/cut down the doors and waterproof the interior, and maybe add roll-up/sliding/etc. vinyl side curtains. Would be safer, and more comfortable than a cart. Cost of used older Smart and good gas golf cart about the same far as I can tell from the web. Make any sense? Anyone know if something similar has been done successfully? Many thanks, Rick

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
The cross blade, is very rare here. I’ve ridden in one. smart madness car pictured below.

Leroy’s car below, in town here. Neat little car.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,811 Posts
The Cross Blade is too new to be legally registered in the US. The Fiat Jolly will require the sale of at least one kidney and maybe a lung. There was a member here several years ago that did strip down a 451 to make a sort of golf cart/beach buggy. I can't remember his screen name, but I think he had a You Tube channel about the conversion. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts