Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring The Smart ForFour To America - change.org

So I've made up my mind to create a petition regarding the Smart ForFour. Maybe I can't change a corporate giant's mind about bringing the car stateside, but I sure can try to do something about it.

Plus, if there's anything we've learned from my Pulse panel search, I'm a persistent little bugger, and I'll follow this to the ends of the earth.

I've already gotten responses from the Facebook pages of Smart and SmartUSA, but I feel like we can still do more.

If you'd like to join in, and fight the good fight, lets get some signatures.

I can't move mountains, but I can make a dent. :smartje.bl.zl:

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
Thanks for jumping in on this one, Skippy. Is it too late to add the 105hp BRABUS to the petition - we need to put the pressure on that as well. :)

PS - for the social networking folks, please spread the word on this petition as far as you can.

·
Super Moderator
28,244 Posts
The new fortwo is supposed to have the six speed manual as standard equipment, with the seven speed dual clutch as an option. Sort of a moot point with the forfour situation... :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
21 signatures in a little over 24 hours. I have to say, that's impressive!

Thank you fellow Smarties! Let's keep the ball rolling.

I will be adding some contact information to the petition this weekend to make it more official.

Always hoping for the best!

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Gotta say it, a smart forfour seems to me a bit like a tiny Hummer.

The fact that my car doesn't have a back seat was a buying factor.

But, more power to you who like the idea.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I think your going to have to get 20-30 K folks on you list. Before MB listens. It's going to have to be priced right, compare to other 4 doors out there too.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts