Smart Car of America Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The front seats have been reupholstered by Geoff Chrysler.

Very nice: natural grain dyed through light grey "Hyde" brand leather, with heating elements (I'll need a better alternator than it came with to power that!). Parts of the headliner (also redone by Geoff) are visible in the foreground.

His next task is redoing the rear bench, which has a fold-down armrest. I may get the parts in the photo this coming Monday.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I whipped the Kugelfischer injection pump and head off today.* I'll bring the pump with me to Britain next week for calibration and new seals, and the head seems good with no fine cracks between valve seats, although I have a new one to use.* The liners have a nearly undetectable lip at the top so could be reused, but won't be, because I have new ones.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I dropped the injection pump that's second from left on the photo above in person at Nottingham Diesel Services with Steve on Wednesday, and he tells me that he has four NOS pistons for this pump should they be needed in the rebuild. Will pick the repaired pump up in about 10 days, assuming all's done and it's flow-benched with good results.

https://www.facebook.com/carsosofficial/videos/595538197538849/?t=5

The car we're using in Europe, GB and IRL right now....photo in Reims-Gueux at the site of a former major racetrack.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

Heater controls mounted - all silver cadmium plated

Both rear quarter panel trims were mounted.

New headliner mounted.* Front part is not mounted because the windshield has to go in first.* That's one of the next tasks: front and rear windshields.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
Seat slides (NOS) hand painted in Krylon semi-gloss after tidying up.

Upper door replica panel for a Cabriolet modified by me to fit the Coupé and it worked reasonably well. The shape difference is quite remarkable and quite a bit of work was needed.

The panel completely installed, taken from inside the car with the door closed.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I used this new S.U.R.&R. PFT409 brake flaring tool.....

....to make my first ever brake line:

And wow is that tool ever amazing! Perfect DIN bubble flare every time. The pistol grip tool is hydraulic. Expensive but worth it if only for the knowledge that I can't mess up.

This line is the one that connects the two front Thermostable brake cylinders.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Nice work Mike....keep picking at it....and about that tool...that's the way to do it, remember it just have to stop all of your work...

Jetfuel...following till the end

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

Brake lines are done except for a short one that I have to buy two more unions for. Will do that Monday.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts