Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
Hi,

Are you also administrator for the iQ-forum? Good to see you here! I’m not even sure I know the difference between Google Drive and Google Photos, but I’ll definitely look into it...

Thanks for watching over us, and take care!

Jesse
Yup we're a team of 15 using this account to assist with forum troubles!
We own many other forums as well.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
any chance you handle the Jeep forum?? I have not been able to log in after the first time I was on there, been trying off and on for a few months now. Last go-around included 6 emails resetting my password, each time when I used the enclosed link, it said my email was not valid..

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
any chance you handle the Jeep forum?? I have not been able to log in after the first time I was on there, been trying off and on for a few months now. Last go-around included 6 emails resetting my password, each time when I used the enclosed link, it said my email was not valid..
Hey,

Whats your username on jeepforum and I'll take a look.

Niall

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
The only issue with using other image sharing sites, is they may follow Photobuckets example and we'll go through it all again.

To ensure what you post here stays here, use the attachment manager.

- JB

·
Registered
815 Posts
When you go to User CP > Miscellaneous > Attachments - it will list all the images you have posted to the forums (Which thread, post, ect). You can then choose which images you wish to remove and delete them to open your quota again.

However, as mentioned above, this can be counter productive as removing images from the site could cause some confusion and holes in the conversation if there is no image to refer to.

As this is for the forum itself, we can look at upping the limits. Is everyone on board for this?

As for the albums themselves, Lee mentioned they are currently at 3 albums / 5 images I believe. We can look at upping this for all members (Registered and Supporters). If everyone is also on board for this we can go ahead and look into it.........

- JB
Seems I can NOT delete any posted photo older than say three weeks? If I post a photo today, yes I'm able to delete it for a few days but that's it. The delete square that you check, disappears after a set time period.
Deleting photos seems to be tied to the same time limit that the EDIT post function has.
Question is how do I delete older non relevant photos?

·
17,378 Posts
I’m pretty sure imgur won’t go Photobucket’s route. They would make everyone at Reddit and 4Chan mad and that might as well be making the entire Internet mad.

In order for a photo hosting site to provide a usable free service, they need enough warm bodies to be paying for the higher tiers of service.

In the case of imgur, those are the Redditors who have thousands of photos that need to be up and shared simultaneously.

For Flickr those people are mainly photo professionals, journalists, and bloggers.

Photobucket relied on the Flickr model. The obvious problem there being that Photobucket has always been at least pretty buggy and less favoured by professionals because better services existed (like Flickr). They couldn’t survive on the few pros who subscribed to the higher tiers alone, so they aggressively cut into their free tier.

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
Seems I can NOT delete any posted photo older than say three weeks? If I post a photo today, yes I'm able to delete it for a few days but that's it. The delete square that you check, disappears after a set time period.
Deleting photos seems to be tied to the same time limit at the EDIT post function.
Question is how do I delete older non relevant photos?
You will need to let us know which photos you would want to delete.
Send us a PM and we'll help you get sorted out.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Registered
815 Posts
You will need to let us know which photos you would want to delete.
Send us a PM and we'll help you get sorted out.

Best regards,

Ed
Yea, I didn't think it was going to be as easy as you all described in post #12 , because I had already tried it.
You could always remove the editing time limit. That would work too, with much less hassle of having to PM anyone.

Thank you for your quick reply.

JL

·
He's not mine
9,609 Posts
If you're willing to spend a few dollars annually, you can secure your digital media for sharing for the foreseeable future independent of the whims of free hosting 'services'. But if it's just gotta be free ... back to the thread.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
If you're willing to spend a few dollars annually, you can secure your digital media for sharing for the foreseeable future independent of the whims of free hosting 'services'. But if it's just gotta be free ... back to the thread.

I remember you host your own? How much exactly is a few? (Thanks)!

·
Administrator
1,144 Posts
Hey guys,

As JB mentioned above, you're more than welcome to use other hosting sites for your images but just be cautious that they very well may change their policies one day just like Photobucket did. We can't say for sure what could happen in the future.

That said, we do highly recommend you use the attachment feature on the site to ensure your images will not be affected. If you need any assistance or have further questions, please let us know - we're here to help. :)

Cheers,
Nate

·
He's not mine
9,609 Posts
I remember you host your own? How much exactly is a few? (Thanks)!
There may well be less expensive options if you check around. But, here's one exampe for $47.40 per year: Lonex
It's a web hosting service. So, if you wanted, you could use it for that too.

Note: I have no financial interest in this company. Just a satisfied customer.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts