Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning we took a 200 road trip to pick up an orphan in Round Rock, Texas. We received "the" call from Jordan Tuesday morning and made all the arrangements for financing, trade-in, and add ons on Thursday. We live North of Dallas but were willing to travel 200 miles to own a Smart!

She is black with sliver trim and beige interior. Before returning to Plano, we christened "Sophia" with official Smart Water from the Dallas dealership's open house. She is named after Sophia Loren**beautiful, classy, and European Continental. My husband then pointed out that Sophia was one of my favorite Golden Girl characters. So, she's named after both!

It amazes me on how you don't feel like you are in a small car. Everyone on I35 treated Sophia with complete respect and didn't stare too much. The only close call was when we got to South Dallas, and a young man driving a huge white truck crossed into our lane. He was busy talking on the phone. My husband was able to move into the empty inside lane without incident. After about five minutes, he finally admitted he was worried when he saw the truck coming over, too!

Sophia is parked in the garage next to her big sister "Blanche," a red PT Cruiser. As soon as my husband's Smart arrives, it will be parked tandem behind Sophia! All three will fit very nicely and be safe from the Texas elements.

I wanted to also tell you how wonderful Smart Center Round Rock is to work with on closing the deal. They do not add any equipment to their orphans. I added a few things and bought both the extended warranty and extended tire warranty. It's a shame that we don't live closer, so we could stop by when we were out and about.

We are thrilled to have our first Smart parked in the garage. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad to hear nothing but the BEST coming out of the Round Rock Smart Center. Truly makes me feel good to be dealing with them. Jordan along with the rest of the crew go above and beyond. Thankful they're my dealership.:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos will be posted later this week. I think I have walking pneumonia thanks to the spring time air here in North Texas. Tomorrow, I have to go to the office, so everyone can put their fingerprints all over her. Everyone is so excited about Sophia. Then I have to go to my insurance agent's office to give her a ride. (By the way insurance drops $70 a year at State Farm.) Then I head to the doctor to get on the road to recovery!

Nancy :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congratulations! I'll be looking for your two and Sophia around the area.

I hope to join you all on the road soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm usually here on the east side of Plano but will be wandering of the house and around town more! After getting home last night, I ran up to Allen to show my daughter and son-in-law. They liked it but both stated it wasn't their style. She rolled her eyes when I told her I christened her Sophia! I think that's the practical, mechanical engineer in her!:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Plano smart community! I have never seen other smarts around town, but with you, and Randy real soon I hope, that will certainly change.

Guess we need to plan a GTG soon!

PS: Love the name!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smart JJ which side of town do you live on? I'm here on the East side and work at City Hall. But I wander to West side every now and then. We have one other orphan at City Hall. Everyone thought it was mine, and we had fun trying to figure out who owned it.

Later today I'm going to go food shopping. The trunk is almost the same size my Kia Rio5's was, so I should be OK. We do need to get a North Texas club started!

Nancy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from Kroger's, and Sophia held all the groceries in the trunk! What a joy she is going to be!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jordan and Round Rock are both 5 star

I got my orphan from Jordan back in Feb. and I can not tell you how pleased I have been with the service and attention I get from Jordan and round rock dealer. We love the blue/black Cabrio and we have the bumble bee that we ordered coming in within the next two months. We also have decided to keep both and have made the measurements and can get both on one side of the garage. I hope Jordan gave you some of the little yellow question cards to give to people that ask you about the car. I can assure you that you will need them. I have printed and given out about 100 on top of the handful Jordan gave me when we got the car.
Have fun with your Sophie Maybe we can have a Texas wide Smart get together some day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Break it in with us, we are going to Houston from Killeen this weekend. There should be at least 18 smaties there. Starbucks at least and If nothing else i'll be a great picture opportunity. Now that the secret is out, Jordan at RR is the best, and our dealer is on top sinse I went there back in January 08. Paul at parts and all the others are great!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Every evening after dinner, my husband and I find an excuse to run errands. Jordan forgot to give me some cards, but he said he would mail them to me when they ship my license plates. This evening, a woman ran across a parking lot to talk to me and almost got hit by a car. I didn't realize how many people are really interested!

The Round Rock Manager called me at home while I was at work to make sure everything was going good with Sophia. We are back on the orphan list in Round Rock for a Cabrio for my husband.

Sophia is the second Smart Car at City Hall. We both left work at the same time today, and it turns out we even live in the same neighborhood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on your Smart Car. I just picked up my orphan from Smart Center in Round Rock. It came in from their sister company in Chandler AZ and is just what we had on order. Although I live in Austin I also had an apartment in West Plano so my Blue/Black Cabriolet will be spending a lot of time on I-35. I enjoy the comments and looks I get and love the car. I also agree that when you are driving the Smart Car you don't feel like you are driving a small car. I love the automated manual transmission because it answers both my wife's request for an automatic and mine for a sandard. Our other car is also a PT Crusier and the Smart Car fits nicely in the garage with the PT and my Harley. Can life get more perfect?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratulations on your Smart Car. I just picked up my orphan from Smart Center in Round Rock.
If you don't mind sharing; what is your reservation #? I am also on the orphan list at the RR office and was wondering where I might be on their orphan list. I ordered in June of this year. Thanks.

CW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts