Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Babybenz took us to a great park on Saturday to take some pictures of our smarts and it got me to thinking... would the club be intersted in having a picnic at some point? The park we went to was in Tarpon Springs but other locations would be considered?

Thoughts?

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
Tarpon Springs Anderson Park is really nice also there is Lowry Park. If we get this going let me know and I will cook for everyone!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would try to make it depending on the date. Would also make a donation toward some food if we wanted to do a cookout.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love to come. Can we do it on a sun ? We can all bring side dishes if bb wants to do the main dish ( hope you cook as well as your mom )
David

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... on a Sunday afternoon.... Cube if it were in Eastern Hillsborough County could you make it? I'm thinking Alderman's Ford or Medard Park.

·
For sale pm for details
2,033 Posts
I will be making lemon lime chicken, it is grilled and excellent! Give me a head count so I know how many to cook for. How about we set a date.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A copy of the email for anyone who isn't on our contact list.

Hello everyone,

I threw out the idea of a group picnic on our message board and the idea seems to have taken off. Sunday afternoon seems to be the best day due to work constraints for some of our members. I’m also suggesting Lake Park in North Tampa as a location. John Kidd has offered to grill lemon lime chicken for us. My thought was that each member attending bring whatever sides and drinks you would like as well as a small donation to cover the cost of the chicken. To the best of my knowledge, alcoholic beverages are prohibited but pretty much anything else is game.

The picnic will be 2 weeks from today on November 30th. The picnic will start at noon and we’ll plan on eating around 1pm. I will try to secure a picnic shelter but please bring any chairs if you have them in case we can’t get a shelter. The park is also pet friendly as long as you have a leash. Here is the address and a small map of the park location.

17302 North Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, FL 33549

Once you enter the park follow the main road toward the back of the park. We will either be in the first picnic area or further toward the back of the park near the BMX track and Rodeo facilities. Just look for the smarts!!

Please reply to [email protected] if you are planning on attending so we can get a head count for the chicken. Hope to see everyone there.

Bill Hitchcock (Wdhitch)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts