Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This innovative mounting system bolts in 2 min to our front bumpers. The plate can be mounted on any location on the bar like in the center or off to the side. the special poly mount clamps our bumper without damaging it.
* Could be used for either your license plate or a personalized plate
Includes complete bracket and black or chrome frame holder. Must specify either in black or chrome for the frame holder.

http://www.breathlessperformance.com...sePlateKit.asp
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Kinda sweet (until it goes loose or kids mess with it).

No-holes solutions are a very nice way to go.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
By lock-nuts do you mean in-set allen-head screws with nylon inserts?
And how much torque does it take to overcome the poly bushings?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More then you can do by hand plus it will not loosen by vibration. I think you are the first to ask a question of torque specs on nylon lock nut.

Ernie

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Sorry - not torque on the nylon lock nut (I was just wondering what you meant by "lock nut") it was the puly bushing you spoke of. A C-clamp on a round bar seemed like something easily twisted to face up or down by any local punk kid.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are 2 stainless steel screws that hold the clamp to the bar. Once mounted you could only tilt it up or down slightly since it is close to the body. Once you tighten the screws it would be hard to turn and to loosen it you would have to remove the lic plate first.

Ernie

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Thank you for another innovative product for our Smarts. If my dealer hadn't already drilled and mounted mine before I got it, I would have been interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts