Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed that it actually says European model shown at the bottom of that page, huh?
I think that's a standard disclaimer they use across the whole website (the rest of the "photo gallery" shots are indeed Euro-spec cars). However, to the best of my knowledge, the only external visual differences between the US and Euro versions are the wheels and the side markers. So that main photo is a good representation of what we'll be getting.

Incidently, it does appear to have the "chrome trim" package, which I believe is a dealer accessory. Very cheesy IMHO....

·
Registered
570 Posts
And to top that off they put a German plate on it. I swear the company wants to confuse at every turn! But for sure that car is a US spec, Looks like the first thing I am going to do is swap out the Amber running bulbs for white give it at least a more Euro look.

·
Registered
570 Posts
We have yet to see a picture of the rear of the car, so I am wondering how they integrated the rear reflectors into the side of the car. As you can tell from the previous generation Canadian smarts, they had to butcher the rear fender, hope that doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do we know that the pictured car is US spec rather than Canadian spec? They're not usually the same.
Because only a marketing organization as perverse as smart's could show a US spec vehicle with German plates on a Canadian website? :)

But seriously, the front side markers are a US federal requirement (may also be Canadian?) and the wheels are US spec wheels (Canada may get them too?). So whatever the car in the picture is, it should be pretty representative of what ours will look like.

Perhaps the Canadians will be getting that sexy chrome trim package as standard.....:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts