Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 2009 smart car. It has 85000 miles and driven to work round trip 84 miles a day. My avg. speed driven is 70 miles per hour. I'm experiencing a rough idle and occasionally throw a P0303 code. I've reconditioned the fuel injectors, replaced #3 coil, performed compression test changed plugs, checked all electrical connection. I have yet to solve my problem. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Are you the original owner?

Has all scheduled maintenance been completed?

Where is the car? USA as a location is not particularly helpful.

Are you using high-octane gas consistently? From the same fuel station?

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is in the USA (New York). Premium fuel only at the same Hess station. Maintenance completed regularly. yes I'm the original owner. I'm going to check the fuel pressure tomorrow, but I understand there is no fuel filter, how's that?

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
The car is in the USA (New York). Premium fuel only at the same Hess station. Maintenance completed regularly. yes I'm the original owner. I'm going to check the fuel pressure tomorrow, but I understand there is no fuel filter, how's that?
It's IN THE TANK with the pump !!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Compression Test Results

Your reading are low but since they are all consistent, I suspect your procedure may be flawed. Did you allow 4 pumping stokes for each cylinder, denoted by the compression gauge needle deflecting 4 times?

I would preform the test again, or better yet, do a cylinder leakage test, where air is pumped into each cylinder with the piston at TDC, end of compression stroke.

This should give you an idea of why your throwing a P0303 misfire code. Again, head gasket is suspect or worn valve guides with carbon buildup on the valves requiring cylinder head service and head gasket replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts