Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
For the record, I got my confirmation email and Smart Configurator form, filled it out and hit finish (don't forget that at the extreme bottom left corner just outside the window where it says *go back* next, and finish. Don't forget to hit *FINISH* when you're done. I filled out the form the first nite I got it and didn't get the confirming email back that the process had been completed. Going back into the site again, I found that I had, indeed, NOT sent the filled out form by hitting *FINISH*. I realized this error the next nite and then got it right (Senior Moment???) Anyway, right after I got the process completion confirmation email back, a pleasantly spoken young lady called me from Smart USA asking if I had any questions about the process and if everything was AOK. I thought that was a nice touch.....a personal phone call like that. It was worth the effort just to talk to such a nice pleasant young lady......:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't know if you already posted it but what was your original reservation date so we all can see how the follow ups are going ... congrats btw, I'm also waiting so I can order one for the wife ... my reserv' date was 4/3 so it looks like it will still be awhile
E-SMART.... my reservation date was March 20th...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Just as I expected ...

Thanks Bremer Speck ... here in Chicago at least the smart rep's stated that we should have two dealers (appears demand could be OK even though I've seen some statements that the two coasts have higher demand than the midwest). I also see a few grey market smart's around here from time to time so hopefully the eventual allocation will make my resv' a reality soon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got my reservation confirmation letter at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, 10/16 (Eastern time). I made my reservation on Thursday, March 22, and got my confirmation reply at 2 p.m. (Eastern time) on that day. Looks like they're well into the 4th day now. Hopefully this means the pace is picking up for everyone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
One bit of bad news. I notice in this forum that the e-mail for the initial people contacted to confirm their order said that they could expect to get their car in the first quarter of 2008. My e-mail said, "As one of the first customers to place a reservation, we are pleased to inform you that we may be able to deliver your smart fortwo during the first half of 2008." I can only take from this that I'll likely get the car in the second quarter of 2008. Anyone else notice this change?

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Maybe they're just covering their arses. I suspect people getting confirmations now would be closer to a March delivery (estimates are probably over 2000 confirmed orders at this point). But as Smart begins sending out more of these confirmations in the coming weeks, more people are likely to start taking delivery in the 2nd quarter vs the first, so they changed the wording now to be safe. Hopefully it won't be in your case.
Congratulations, btw!:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Indeed. I placed my reservation on Mar 19th. I went back and checked my confirmation and it said that they may be able to deliver my Smart in the first 90 days. Sounds like it has now stretched into the second quarter maybe.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Just got my reservation confirmation letter at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, 10/16 (Eastern time). I made my reservation on Thursday, March 22, and got my confirmation reply at 2 p.m. (Eastern time) on that day. Looks like they're well into the 4th day now. Hopefully this means the pace is picking up for everyone.
I received my confirmation at the same time for a March 24 reservation, and yes, mine too specifies a first half delivery.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Gamernotwatcher

That was a interesting read and yes it fully indicates where they spend the $99 right now

Thanks that is a good post!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Gamernotwatcher.

Wow! Going into online car business sure eats the capital ! I didn't see anything bad in there (other than all those extra fees for PAG).

I was glad to see Smart is holding on tight to customer info.

Thanks for that post.
A2Jack

·
Registered
798 Posts
I just got my reservation confirmation to configure my Smart now! I have six days to make my final decision on colours, etc. Wanted to tell you all right away :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just got my reservation confirmation to configure my Smart now! I have six days to make my final decision on colours, etc. Wanted to tell you all right away :)
Well, congratulations! And you had a March 26th reservation, I think. That's one week down anyway. Again, great news!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Way cool! So what will s/he look like? We'll know what to look for on our next trip to SAN!

tm

·
Registered
798 Posts
Way cool! So what will s/he look like? We'll know what to look for on our next trip to SAN!

tm
She's a beauty with her sleek white body panels and silver tridion cell with red interior--perfect for her red-haired driver :) Actually, the color choices were a total departure for me. Silver w/black tridion and black interior was my initial choice. I have never had a white car much less one with a red interior! I think it looks sharp!

I added power steering, frog eyes (additional instruments), and fog lamps. I'll do something fun with the stereo after market. So, shall we be optimistic and plan a Spring Western States Rally?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Latest news

Once the dealers contracts have been signed, sealed, and delivered, all reservations will be given to the dealers, and the email confirms will cease. The dealers will then contact the reservers, invite them to the showroom, and fill out an actual purchase agreement, which the dealer will use to order the vehicle from smart. I imagine that the dealers will be asking for additional earnest money since they do not share in the $99.00. The early confirms were a guage that allowed PAG to place initial factory orders. Still a few weeks away for the official dealer list to be published. BTW, last week 600 emails for confirmation were processed, so the 350 is not a static number. P A T I E N C E is a definite smart virtue.:cool:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Carnut,

This is some interesting information. Are you able to reveal your sources? :)

What you describe makes sense. It explains some of the other comments that have been made, such as some markets being "better" than others (i.e. less reservation holders), and some reservation holders may be able to choose their dealer.

I'm guessing that each dealer will have a defined territory and a specific allocation of 2008 vehicles. They will receive a list of reservation holders in their territory, and will work that list until their allocation is exhausted.

I'm also thinking that, if you don't fall into a defined territory, you might get to choose which dealer you work with.

Any sense on how the process will work for the folks who have already confirmed their order through the website?

41 - 60 of 140 Posts