Smart Car of America Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks everyone! I guess I am not too worried about that e-mail after all since 10 days are loooooong gone! I did find it odd when I did confirm that I got the e-mail one day and they called me the next because it had been almost 24 hours and I hadn't responded. My husband and I just hadn't had the chance to sit down together and look at the amenities, but they were quick to call to ensure we did it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had wondered about that. I heard that they were calling in addition to the emails. I didn't receive a call and I figured it was something like that. (They call if you haven't configured in 24hrs)

·
Registered
168 Posts
2009 production

How can we find out when we can safely put our reservation in and be guaranteed a 2009 model? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I registered on the forum. It asked me a bunch of questions about the kind of car I wanted. I blew through these questions because Im not sure what I want, I just wanted to register so I can post and figure all that stuff out. I didnt pay no $99 so Im fairly sure that wasnt the real smart car reservation process. Where do I go to actually reserve a smart car along with the $99?

I went to mysmartfortwo.com but there was no registration link there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
www.smartusa.com

I registered on the forum. It asked me a bunch of questions about the kind of car I wanted. I blew through these questions because Im not sure what I want, I just wanted to register so I can post and figure all that stuff out. I didnt pay no $99 so Im fairly sure that wasnt the real smart car reservation process. Where do I go to actually reserve a smart car along with the $99?

www.smartusa.com

·
Registered
93 Posts

Go to http://www.smartusa.com You can register there. There is a question as to which model (2008 or 2009) that you are registering for if you register now. I emailed smart and my local dealer and asked. I will post their reply if I get one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2008 or 2009?

Go to smartusa You can register there. There is a question as to which model (2008 or 2009) that you are registering for if you register now. I emailed smart and my local dealer and asked. I will post their reply if I get one.
Hmmm. I just placed my reservation on the 17th and I don't recall being asked which model I wanted. Did I miss something? :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
DebbieKat:

There is a question as to when the cutoff is for receiving a 2008 model. Smart USA isn't telling yet, but have said that they have more reservation than they can make in one year. People are just trying to figure out when the cars they registered for will be delivered, and if they were tardy in reserving **- will they be on the list for a 2009 model instead on a 2008. I have asked my dealer who says they are checking into it, and will let me know. I have emailed smart USA but they have not replied as yet, though they have emailed back with answers to other questions that I asked the same day.

mini me

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just placed a reservation today - yellow/black cab - and the dealer told me there was no way I'd get a 2008. He told me to figure about 18 months unless I found an orphan but did say that the price as configured when I reserved the car would be honored whether it was a 2008 or 2009. Has anyone else been told that? TIA - sheureka

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Hmmm. I just placed my reservation on the 17th and I don't recall being asked which model I wanted. Did I miss something? :confused:
i think it only asks which model and basic color combo...that's it. no options because you're not 'CONFIGURING' yet.

you'll decide on your final model, color combo, options at that time.....if that time ever comes:rolleyes:

121 - 140 of 140 Posts