Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Donna and I have been talking about this stiff back long ride to KC for the rally on june 10, if we go we plan on leaving wed at 6-7am and stopping over night 600 miles (half way) in Frankfort, KY at the Fairfield Marriot.

we will leave for home at noon on sunday and once again stay in Frankfort on the return trip.

Th only this my wife is worried about is driving with the top down and getting to much sun on my head thru my very thin hair

Jerry Donna
Suffolk,

·
Registered
246 Posts
gmasters, we just completed a 2384mi. round trip from Des Moines to Martinsburg, W.V. with no problems. Take brakes when you feel like one, swap off the driving between the two of you. Cruse control sure would have helped.
Hats are good and if it gets to hot put the top UP, AIR ON. See you in KC.
Buzzz42

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently returned from a trip from St.Louis to southern Ohio and back within a six day span.Total miles was right at 1400.No problems at all.I do want to stress that I am a 6'2",225 lb guy.I was concerned about feeling kinked up and overly constrained.I can happily report there was no problems at all.I started out with the top down but frankly it was too hot so I put the top up and cranked up ther air conditioner.It functions really well!I'm sure that you will do just fine.Live it up---Jeff C.

·
5,297 Posts
One of cabrio buddies here uses an alligator clip to the hat then to his set belt; if the hat pops off he doesn't have to send his wife after it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts