Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jodi and I are going on a road trip this weekend to plan for a car rally next summer. We are checking out "Cottage Grove Scenic Byway Tour of Covered Bridges" for next summer. On Sunday September 4, 2011 morning at 7am we are having breakfast at Biscuits in Wilsonville, Oregon. After breakfast we are headed to Cottage Grove, Oregon, exit 174 (take a couple or so hours to get there) to check out Tour of the Covered Bridges. Maybe lunch in Cottage Grove then back to Wilsonville, this will take most of the day to do. If you want to come along meet us at Biscuits or start of bridge tour.

Tommy & Jodi

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just took the coveted bridge tour at Cottage Grove. We stayed at Village Green Resort. The resort has a beautiful garden and nice restaurant. The drive to the first coveted bridge takes you around a lake with picnic areas. I really enjoyed the drive.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Can't make it this weekend but you've piqued my curiosity about a (smart?) car rally next summer. Tell us more.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Some Airstream club friends invited me to come play my accordion at their Airstream rally not far from home,so I accepted, even though I had a Coachman motor home. The local Airstream dealer was an old ham radio friend, so I asked him if I could borrow the big "AIRSTREAM SERVICE CENTER" sign from his shop. Airsteams have lots of problems, dispite the premium nature.

We anchored the sign to the back ladder on my motorhome and off to the rally. The Airstreamers thought it was so funny they took a picture of me holding a pipe wrench at the ready in front of the sign and put it in the national Airstream magazine!...

The devil in me wants to show up at a big Smart rally in a big flatbed tow truck with a flyer showing great rates to the nearest dealer 548 miles away....(c^;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Larry,

You're starting to grow on me. I like your new (kinder, gentler) persona.

Couldn't find any info on Coachman RVs; is it coachmenrv.com ?

Regards,

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts