Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Right on Nut. Good find! This blows the theory that only certain colors were throughout the panel and replacement panels would be all black. This article tells us the color, sorry colour, is IMPREGNATED.

:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Where DO you find this stuff, MicroNut? EXCELLENT research! And good news for us! Wonderful, wonderful!
:D :D :D

Thank You!!

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
I believe that is partially true - for white yellow and black. But the three metalic colors are painted. The info included the situation that the basic three showed little damage after a scuff, but the painted ones could be scratched down to the black panel material. Still, all the panels are nearly unbreakable.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fishr, I understand that you believe it to be partially true. Based on the statement direct from the manufacturuer what facts do you have that might clarify this?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Carnut

The info on the difference between the basic three color and the metallic color panels (which you have to pay more for – So, why?) is now buried in about a month’s worth of “back-stuff.”

I think you are reading more into the statement: “Fernengel added that colour streaking that has been known to occur with PC/PBT and requiring some MIC panels to be painted, has been eliminated, together with some blister development.” That does not specifically refer to either basic panels nor metallic panels, just that color quality control was once a problem.

No time to backtrack now to find from whence the original info was stated; time to watch the Sox begin whipping the Rockies. Hi neighbah; Hav’a ‘Gansett!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts