Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on what to do with my 08 badly faded roof, not in a position to have a dealer do the work. Thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
Any suggestions on what to do with my 08 badly faded roof, not in a position to have a dealer do the work. Thanks
i would like to see a pic of it. While typing this I thought would limo black window tint be an option.

·
Super Moderator
29,205 Posts
Tint or wrap, talk to the installer about the effects of temperature on the underlying roof - it expands and contracts with temp changes, which can affect the material used to cover it. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
The pano roof is polycarbonate. 🙂
That’s what I thought.

These guys might be able to help:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s what I thought.

Thank you jw
That’s what I thought.

Thanks jwight

·
Registered
53 Posts
Look like mine when I bought it.I treated mine like a giant headlight, wetsend, polish and shine. Takes a weekend, I did it just like the video it shines like justice. It will need the same care all plastics need that are exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look like mine when I bought it.I treated mine like a giant headlight, wetsend, polish and shine. Takes a weekend, I did it just like the video it shines like justice. It will need the same care all plastics need that are exposed to the elements.
So the "crazing" effect does not go through the poly carbonate?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts