Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

My name is Bob.

My car is a 2014 ED Coupe, currently named "Smart" until I can think of something better. Purchased it from a used car lot last week. The car is a Portland lease return that went to auction.

Deep Black exterior, cloth interior, zero options. But very clean inside and out, and only 11,000 miles. I paid $4,750, and have enrolled in the BAP for the peace of mind.

It is my first Smart and first EV of any sort. So far - I love it! Have not put a lot of miles on it yet, but in mixed around-town driving, I think I will be getting 75-80 miles a charge.

I picked the Smart over other EVs because of its dimensions. Off-street parking at my house is very tight. Even a Fiat 500 would be too large, but the Smart can nuzzle up off the alley just perfectly.

The car will be put to the test shortly - Monday I am starting a new job, and will be commuting 28 miles per day, round-trip.

Greatly enjoying and learning from the posts here at SCOA.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there and congrats on the car. I have a 2016 ICE, but I'm thinking about returning it when the lease is up next year and getting a 453 EV. Let us know how things go, and your experiences recharging in Seattle. I know BMW is working with Seattle City Light to install a bunch of free chargers, so that will be nice.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats on the Smart ED. Its been a great little car for us over the last 3.5 years. I expect you'll enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hello from Redmond, WA. We got our 2015 ED at the beginning of the month and have put 600 miles on it already. My wife was pretty skeptical about it at first, but now she totally loves it. I work in downtown Seattle and will be driving in every so often through the summer. It's about a 30 mile round trip and the range is totally not an issue. Even in rush hour traffic with the A/C going, it takes less than 50% charge to make the round trip.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts