Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
9-Spokers

The 9-spokers shown on the link are not the ones the U.S. smarts will get. Look for the 9s at various places on the smartUSA website; those have been verified by smartUSA. They are the ones with the outer ends of the nine spokes curving inward to a ridge about mid-width of the rim. There were different (smooother) 9-spoke rims provided on 450s which I like a bit better than those that we are to get.

Between the 9s and 6s, I prefer the 9s. Actually, I like the 12s the best.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I suppose it depends on which 6 (or even 5 spokes) might be available. There are some chromies in the euro cataloge that look nice, although as someone else pointed out, I believe the rear brakes are drums, so while the open look (5 or 6 spokes) looks good on the front wheels, they might not look as nice on the rear. SO I'm with you....I think I like the 12's vs the 9's better.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
wheel montage

Sorry for the poor quality...I think I must have fooled with enlargement/reductin too much:(

But anyway, I think its an okay comparo for the wheels:

1. 6 spoke 15" wheels, available on Pulse (Europe) only
2. 12 spoke 15" wheels, orginally offered on Passion models
3. 5 spoke 16" alloys - potential dealer installed accessory?
4. 9spoke 15" wheels to be offered on US passions (everyone's favorite!) ;)
5. 15" pure steelies
6. 6 spoke 15" chrome wheels (dealer accessory?)

I like #3 the best, however wonder how they look with drums (notice all the pictures always show the front wheels!)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah I linked up a good pic of the Passion's 9s above but I think they're not so good looking. I agree, Smartcard that the #3 rims are cool but my taste is the 12 spoke for sure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here's a decent picture of the 9-spokers. Personally I prefer them to the 12-spoke design,
but the 6-spoke wheels from the Pulse (together with the wider tires) would be my ultimate preference.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Agreed. I really like the 6-spoke in the number 1 pic above. Too bad they are not offered here in the US.........yet.

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
12s!

For me, I will seriously attempt to acquire a set of Euro passion 12-spokers. They have been an OEM Euro-fitment for quite a while so I know they are on the smart parts list. Otherwise, US/NA 9s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts