Smart Car of America Forum banner

How likely are you to come to the 2013 SMART Nationals?

• Try to stop me from coming!

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I'm sitting on a very wobbly fence with my SMARTIE.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I'm staying home, no National for me!

Votes: 17 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Smart USA will do all that leg work, event info to all the dealers. Get them aboard early.
You really need them to pull off a National event. Good Luck!

·
He's not mine
9,608 Posts
For those of you who are on the fence deciding whether you are going to come to the Nationals, what would it take to convince you to join in on the fun? (Besides lots of money, that is...)
Too far off for me to make concrete plans. That, and Denver is far from my cup of tea. I love the Rockys though. Lived in Cripple Creek and Colorado Springs for a few years apiece. A day trip into the mountains west would be a must. If all festivities are in/around Westminster/Denver ... not much draw for me.

I understand your need for an estimate now. There's just no way I can commit to an event more than 15 months and 1600 miles down the road ... especially without knowing a LOT more about it.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
NCC if you'll look at the other thread to do with Nationals they have mentioned several possible drives into the mountains. Mt. Evans, the Peak to Peak Highway, Lookout Mountain are a few I remember.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I drove to the Keys, I can drive to the Rockies, so this is an east meets
west. I have never been there, and this has been on my bucket lisf for over 50 years.
Well then, what better time to take something off of your bucket list! Is there something particular in Colorado that you wanted to see/do? Perhaps we can help with that.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Maybe "LittoDevil" will have his mad cow back together and I'll have Frankensmart debugged so East can meet West. The Denver Mile High Dragstrip or other track in the area would be perfect for some fun...
Several of us attended KCIR at the Kansas Nats. and had a blast...:cool:
Except, maybe Krusty..

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
I will be in England at that time! Enjoy! I really hope this is a success. :)
You will be missed at. But if I had the chance to go to Ireland or England I'd be missing Nationals as well.

BTW: we missed you this last weekend at April Fools. Several folks asked where you were.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Maybe "LittoDevil" will have his mad cow back together and I'll have Frankensmart debugged so East can meet West. The Denver Mile High Dragstrip or other track in the area would be perfect for some fun...
Several of us attended KCIR at the Kansas Nats. and had a blast...:cool:
Except, maybe Krusty..
I had a blast. That was more fun than Orlando.

The big rock chip in my windshield from the Burnout pits is a badge of honor now. On the bright side, the chip is on the passenger side of the windshield, I don't have to look through it.

If Frankensmart makes it's debut in Co. I may have to go.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had a blast. That was more fun than Orlando.

The big rock chip in my windshield from the Burnout pits is a badge of honor now. On the bright side, the chip is on the passenger side of the windshield, I don't have to look through it.

If Frankensmart makes it's debut in Co. I may have to go.
You have my curiosity, what makes up Frankensmart? The drag strip isn't all that far away, so if that is something desired it can happen.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
You have my curiosity, what makes up Frankensmart? The drag strip isn't all that far away, so if that is something desired it can happen.
It's OK by me, but you might want to contact LittoDevil as he has gone MIA here on SCoA...Don't know if he cooked up steaks from the cow or it might of got that dreaded mad cow disease and put it out of misery...:D

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Why -O-Why did this event get planned for July? Its one of the 4 "sweeps" months TV stations all across the country have. No vacation time is allowed during these periods...so already I cannot attend this event. :sorrysign:

(This is one of the reasons all of the Midwest Rallies and Nationals #1 were in June)

·
Registered
384 Posts
My hubby and I are on the "definite maybe" list. We'd love to be there. it's so darn far out to plan though. We will if we can.

We signed up someplace with that "maybe" but darned if I can find it now! Maybe on Facebook? I'll keep looking.

:smartje.wt.zw:

Yeah, it is on Facebook. See if this gets you there.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/297820653633028/

OK, nevermind. I withdraw the "maybe" and make it "YES"!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
It's still early, it could be planned in June. Is it set in gold that date?

I think it is since people have already begun booking hotel rooms. :( I wish there was a chance to move the date up a month, but at this point they are about a year so its best to keep it on track. :cool:

21 - 40 of 164 Posts