Smart Car of America Forum banner

How likely are you to come to the 2013 SMART Nationals?

• Try to stop me from coming!

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I'm sitting on a very wobbly fence with my SMARTIE.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I'm staying home, no National for me!

Votes: 17 19.8%
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just want to mention again that Stephen will be installing Area 451 cruise controls at the Nationals for half price - an incredible deal and, since I believe he is clearing out his remaining stock, this may be your last chance to get this cruise control for the 451 smart. :wink:
AND this brings up another question I have regarding cruise control. :rolleyes: I was in a caravan of Smart Cars when one of them announced that they were having trouble with their car. The cruise control. They were going to have to pull over and turn the car off then on again, then catch up with us.

I'd like to have cruise control, but since that happened, and I was told that it does happen, I am leery of it.

Can anyone explain what happened to this guy's cruise control and why this happens? Before I say yes to having it done at the Nationals? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
AND this brings up another question I have regarding cruise control. :rolleyes: I was in a caravan of Smart Cars when one of them announced that they were having trouble with their car. The cruise control. They were going to have to pull over and turn the car off then on again, then catch up with us.

I'd like to have cruise control, but since that happened, and I was told that it does happen, I am leery of it.

Can anyone explain what happened to this guy's cruise control and why this happens? Before I say yes to having it done at the Nationals? Thanks!
I feel safe in saying it was likely a MDC unit, they are just flakey like that.

No issues with the Area451 in my 2011, 30k miles and going.

·
Super Moderator
29,149 Posts

Need more info - who, what, when, where, etc. My foggy memory tells me it was not an Area 451 CC but can't say for certain. :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Just got flight and hotel reservations. Waiting to hear back from Car2Go about special pricing for the weekend?
Looking forward to it.

Wish I could take the time to drive out in my 08 cabrio that has served me faithfully for over 5 years, but I don't want my job to find out they can live without me?
I'm still working with Car2Go to get special rates for the convention. Their current deal of 30 minutes is going to be added to your account, though. I will keep you posted...:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi all! So we're now past the June 10th "soft deadline" to determine the final price of the cruise control deal and if I'd be coming (ahh, who was I kidding? Of course I was coming!). 12 signups thus far, and that meets the 10 minimum but not the 20 for the best possible price I could have done. Still, not bad and a fantastic deal! I am now going to be officially booking my airfare in the next couple of days. The price is set at $350 installed (-$50 for kit-only). I'm sending an email out to all the existing signups to confirm. Timeslots will be arranged once the airfare is nailed down.

SIGNUPS CAN CONTINUE and I strongly encourage you to signup ahead of the event if you want this pricing. I will have a VERY FEW number of unreserved kits at the event but the price will be higher and installation may not be possible.

Once again, the place to signup for a cruise control (with or without installation) is here.

- Steven

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi all! So we're now past the June 10th "soft deadline" to determine the final price of the cruise control deal and if I'd be coming (ahh, who was I kidding? Of course I was coming!). 12 signups thus far, and that meets the 10 minimum but not the 20 for the best possible price I could have done. Still, not bad and a fantastic deal! I am now going to be officially booking my airfare in the next couple of days. The price is set at $350 installed (-$50 for kit-only). I'm sending an email out to all the existing signups to confirm. Timeslots will be arranged once the airfare is nailed down.
I didn't get an email. I'd like to hear from you about the confirmation and the sign up time options! We obviously want to have our smart to make the drives.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi Dora! The email definitely went out. I received a response from all but two people. Perhaps it was filtered out as spam, I'm not sure. Or is it possible your email at the signup sheet is incorrect?

Now's a good time to update anyway though. My travel has been booked since the majority of people positively confirmed (thank you!). I'll be there and available for the entirety of the Thursday, Friday and Saturday as well as a couple morning slots on the Sunday (at least one person requested Sunday morning). I think I'd like to get as many as possible done in succession on Thursday, but we'll work it out :) There will be plenty of time to get them all done.

- Steven

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
On the Peak to Peak drive, the schedule shows 10 am and 1:30 pm reverse. So, are there two trips, or is the 1:30 what time the caravan is leaving to return to Westin? I need to schedule my cruise install, and this is one of the drives I really wanted to make, but the earliest appointment is 10:30-11:15. Obviously we want the smart available to make the drives and the comedy show etc... HELP!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
There are two drives, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. The morning drive you can take time to stop and play in Estes Park, but the afternoon drive just stops at the Chapel on the Rock for photos. So you can schedule your appointment for the 10:30 AM no problem and still have time for the afternoon drive. Now you also have more time to shop the vendors, better bring extra money! :rofl:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Dora... I'll work with you so you don't miss anything. I have 45 minute install slots but really I can do them a lot quicker than that. If the first and second person on the 11th come on time, I can most likely fit you in between them. Or, move your timeslot to the first "after hours" session and I can fit you in before the first scheduled appointment. I plan to be up early that first day because I still don't really know where things are, etc. We can just do it right in the parking lot before things even really start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are a Texas smart owner let me know, we need to set up a caravan as well. It will be much more enjoyable!!!

Marco C
956-800-9191

141 - 160 of 164 Posts