Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
What is the date on it. Is it on news stands now or have i missed it ? Thanks for the link great photos, I just wish they would have show a variety of interiors so we could get a better look at the options.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copy of article:
Automotive
Smart Fortwo

The smallest car on the road

The new Smart Fortwo is the first modern Euro-style microcar to reach the States. At only 8 feet, 10 inches long (40 inches shorter than a Mini Cooper), it’s both surprisingly safe—imagine cramming a steel safety cage, antilock brakes and electronic stability control into a golf cart—and spacious, with as much leg room as a full-size sedan (or at least the sedan’s front seats). Less surprising is the 40-plus mpg you’ll get from its rear-mounted Mitsubishi engine, not to mention the attention of every SUV driver in line for his $60 fill-up. The convertible version is the only drop-top with a roof that can be retracted at highway speeds. $11,600–$16,600; smartusa.com

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Pop Sci had an article about 6-8 months ago as well. At that time it didn't Mention anything about the reservation program. :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
I really question automobile writers of these articles as well as the editors. Am I wrong or can the Mini top also be opened at highway speeds?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts