Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible, or even likely, that having placed a November 10th online reservation, that I should expect a 2008 model or maybe even a 2009 model?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
is it possible, or even likely, that having placed a November 10th online reservation, that I should expect a 2008 model or maybe even a 2009 model?
As I understand it, there will be no planned difference between '08 and '09. Tweaks maybe. Hopefully, never gimmick, size, etc. crawl.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Hover capability will also be added in '09 or '10. Thrusters will gain about 5% in lift capacity, however the revised warp intakes will not be out until at least 2017. Fold down third row seats are optional, however. <VBG>

It took them from 1997-2006 before they changed the smart much. I expect to have this one look the same until the middle of the next decade.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
But the pontoons...what about the pontoons? :)
They are still working on the ballast tanks for the submersible option. There has been some problem with water ingress for the underwater cabrio. But the passion plastic roof divers edition seems to be waterproof down to 50 meters. This was due to original Swatch Watch specifications.

·
Registered
798 Posts
They are still working on the ballast tanks for the submersible option. There has been some problem with water ingress for the underwater cabrio. But the passion plastic roof divers edition seems to be waterproof down to 50 meters. This was due to original Swatch Watch specifications.
Will the Diver's Edition come with the pilot fish as standard, or are they an option?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No revisions, but maybe more of what they already have??? Is there not a CDI version available in other countries, and what about the Brabus junk....maybe that will be added??

·
Registered
517 Posts
I guess I just have to wait until 2012 when the dimensionally transcendental cabin and Conceptual Geometer Relay become standard.

·
Registered
181 Posts
huh... i'd not known how committed to r&d fortwo team is. perhaps i should hold off from a near term purchase and wait for the really good options and improvements

btw, where you individuals get such (spy?) developments in the works???

(double checking google settings)

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
On the practical side, just give me 25KW wheel motors (25K on each front wheel), a good set of *hot* batteries that I can charge via 120/240 VAC, and I'll be the happiest camper you've ever seen.
Oh, also....0-60 mph in 4-6 secs would be pretty respectable in my book and add to that a 200 mile electric range. I'd already have a 400+ mile range with the stock rear engine setup. I don't want much, do I?? :D :D

·
Super Moderator
28,193 Posts
I think an electric smart (or electric cars in general) make sense but apparently batteries are the issue. If smart can figure out how to go hybrid or electric for mass market sales they'll sell even more of the cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts