Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again for the huge success at the first Smart Car Nats.
Sales were overwhelming and sorry I didn't bring enough product with me.
For those of you that were able to purchase the items you wanted I trust that satisfaction is number one priority.
As vendors we trust in your support and payment of products to enable us to carry on.
99 % of my transactions were solid but one I have not been able to process. I have sent the individual a PM asking him to call me or email me so it can be rectified,but no response.
Again, I want to thank the 99% of Smart owners that are smart and just maybe that 1% will call me or email.:)

BARNEY O. BMS

·
Super Moderator
11,183 Posts
Ah yes, the wonderful world of retail. Hopefully it will work out OK. Been running a retail shop for 16 years, very few problems with transactions but it has been getting a little more troublesome lately.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Sorry to hear that BARNEY Buddy...<:))

~Smart Car Rear Wheel Wedge Kit~
OK Paul,... I just installed the Kit, and am vary happy with the Quality of the Kit...
Thanks for making the Kit...<:))
Brabus007

Yes, now it doesn't look like a Squatty Overloaded Little Car...<:))

Note: Paul, what do you think about that ABS sensor sticking out about 1/2" (looking for damaging trouble) right where your flopping that Axle around to get them 4 bolts out... Only one little bolt holding it in place... Easy to remove & put back in place when the job is done...
Note: I think maybe one of these should be in the Kit
http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-137620/Detail
Note: I think maybe Torque Specs would help.

PS. I do this kind of work all the time...But... The NOOBS might need a little more written guidance on Mods Like This One... The Notes above would asure them of a G00D outcome...

~The Third Hand~
I used one of my 4x4 Jack Blocks, and cut a little wedge for a Third Hand to hold the axle "Up, Pushed Back, and Over" to the side (left or right), so as to get your Socket on the bottom Bolts... The Top bolts you can do easy, because Gravity drops that "Heavy Duty" axle down when you push it back, so its a easy two handed job to get them out...
~The Grins hehehe~
You are going to be like a "Three Handed Paper Hanger" holding all the pieces together, plus the Wedge in place while you put a Bolt back in... Your going to love that part, hehehe... It will keep you Smiling...<:))

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
007, your suggestions are good and will implement them into the product. I didn't want to get instructions to "wordy" as I thought it might undermine a true mechanics skills that is suggested to install this kit. :)

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
...when I first read the instructions I PMed BarneyO to mention that there were NO instructions to " lift" the car to comply with the mod...he was nice enough to answer back with "silly...just turn the car over"...

jetfuel...not easily done...bride was not happy about that

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did I do G00D BARNEY... Was it a G00D Product PLUG...<:))
Yeah, ya did gooood,

Probably would make a good infomercial on the Smart Home Shopping Network!! :D

For what it's worth I pull the cv shaft back and down to get the top 2 bolts and back and up to get bottom 2 bolts no side to side movement like you did. Hence, I never came close to the sensor. But safe is always better than sorry.
just goes to say there is always more than 1 way to skin a cat. :eek:

back to our regular scheduled programming :)

Barney

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You, to the 1% that read the post and called. I Knew in the back of my mind that is was probably a simple error. Problem solved. :D

Barney O. BMS

·
Banned
936 Posts
Barney, I've met you....ate lunch with you and have done business with you. you are someone I would trust my wife, I mean LIFE with and I don't have many friends I can say that about. you're a man of his word.

B.O......no B.S. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts