Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in the middle of committing to a 2015 Smart Fortwo Passion purchase in the next day or two. While doing my research I found out that MB will not sell more engine versions after 2017. My question is, does any of you have any concern on getting parts and service for your current engine model? Would you buy an engine model today? Thank you so much. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The ICE version is history for N. America. Parts can be gotten from Europe in a pinch if the supply dries up in the U.S.

This is probably not a car you are going to hold onto as a 'classic'.

·
Registered
386 Posts
May depend on where you are in North America, in Canada so far I don't see a problem with parts supply. If I can't get a part through a local aftermarket supplier I can get it through MB though that can become more expensive. But so far even weird obscure small pieces are available even if they have to be shipped over from Germany which takes a couple of weeks.

Also today with the internet it's a lot easier to track down and have parts shipped. I've also ordered parts from rockauto.com for my smart, https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/smart,2015,fortwo
and I've heard good things about smartmadness.com

And up here in Toronto through germanparts.ca.

Also if you happen to be travelling, https://www.evilution.co.uk/info/where_to_buy_smart_parts.htm

Triple 7 should have a decent sized cargo hold.... ;^)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Hello All,

I am in the middle of committing to a 2015 Smart Fortwo Passion purchase in the next day or two. While doing my research I found out that MB will not sell more engine versions after 2017. My question is, does any of you have any concern on getting parts and service for your current engine model? Would you buy an engine model today? Thank you so much. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

The 2015 has the most plentiful parts due to the vehicle sharing the overwhelming majority of its parts with model years 2008 to 2015. The 2017 is based on a different chassis, different platform, so your 2015 is backwards compatible with the majority of its parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts