Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As more people are staying home, many EVs are remaining garaged for longer than normal.

If you’re not currently driving your ED on a regular basis, remember to monitor your HV battery level. Recharge as necessary or simply keep the EVSE plugged in.

Some EVs may utilize small amounts of power for battery heating or cooling, even when not being driven.

We are all in this uncharted territory together, be safe!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
And most importantly - don't let the car sit for days between those weekly food-getting missions with a full battery!

·
Registered
231 Posts
"And most importantly - don't let the car sit for days between those weekly food-getting missions with a full battery!"

Alright, why "most importantly"?

I know 80% is a better place for a longer overall battery lifetime, but is that the reason you posted, or are there other reasons too?

I forget to unplug early occasionally, and sometimes end up at 100% charged for a couple of days. (I wish there was a better way to stop charging other than getting up in the wee hours and disconnecting, but Teslas these are not. :giggle: !) And none of the smart outlets handle 12 amps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts